GOOD for enterprise Error message ?Your Phone network is off"

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am facing weird issue while installing GOOD for enterprise on newly bought TAB 3 10.1 inch (Wi-Fi only model). Post installation, while submitting the PIN, it gives an error message ?Your Phone network is off, Turn on your phone network then click OK.?

This model is Wi-Fi only model, so there is no question of switching Phone services ON or OFF. I have also checked that device is connected to internet and it is having appropriate internet access, besides this I have also checked whether GOOD for enterprise works on Wi-Fi only model, it does ? infact I have it working on my 7 inch tab which is also Wi-Fi only tab.

I have done a factory reset / wipe etc? but no resolution of this issue. Tab 3 10.1 Inch has Intel version of GOOD for Enterprise, I have installed the same.

Can someone assist this please? This is the only application supported in my office for email on android.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, the rquirements seems to be fine. And these are met, since it is working fine thru same net connection from another tab.

I believe the 10.1 Tab has different innards than the other two Tab 3 models. This could very well be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 Beta

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I believe the 10.1 Tab has different innards than the other two Tab 3 models. This could very well be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 Beta

It uses Intel processor and gfe has separate install for Intel version. Have confirmed this working on same model as mine. I did some more research and it seems to issue with gfe.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It uses Intel processor and gfe has separate install for Intel version. Have confirmed this working on same model as mine. I did some more research and it seems to issue with gfe.

It looks like I have reached dead end with respect to this, no support from good...

Martijn Veldman

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
AFAIk I know GFE for Android, uses the serialnumber of the Simcard to initialy register the device at the Good NOC.
So get a 2nd phone with a 3g subscription, share this phone, and connect your tablet to the shared phone, and try again.

Or get yourself a Apple I-pad, that uses the device serialnumber to register on the Good NOC.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
AFAIk I know GFE for Android, uses the serialnumber of the Simcard to initialy register the device at the Good NOC.
So get a 2nd phone with a 3g subscription, share this phone, and connect your tablet to the shared phone, and try again.

Or get yourself a Apple I-pad, that uses the device serialnumber to register on the Good NOC.

This looks interesting, can you explain more on steps? I have iPhone, which could be used if it works this way.

Martijn Veldman

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've got this working by thetering a Samsung Galaxy S Advance with 3g. ( I made my Android a Hotspot), and then connected a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 WIFI, to It with Wireless.
Apple devices also have a option to share, I believ Its called Personal Hotspot. In this way you connect to the internet using the phone.
When you can surf the internet using the phone's hotspot, run the GFE setup. .
But you seem to have a Iphone, so why don't you just install GFE on the Iphone ?

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've got this working by thetering a Samsung Galaxy S Advance with 3g. ( I made my Android a Hotspot), and then connected a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 WIFI, to It with Wireless.
Apple devices also have a option to share, I believ Its called Personal Hotspot. In this way you connect to the internet using the phone.
When you can surf the internet using the phone's hotspot, run the GFE setup. .
But you seem to have a Iphone, so why don't you just install GFE on the Iphone ?

Thanks, I tried doing tethering via iPhone as per your suggestion but it continued to give same error.

I have gfe on iPhone but it would be very useful to have it on this tab with big screen.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hope some work around or solution be found for this, I have been waiting eagerly for this. I understand from good forum that formal solution may be late this year for Intel devices. Which is not so GOOD from good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae