Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    I am facing weird issue while installing GOOD for enterprise on newly bought TAB 3 10.1 inch (Wi-Fi only model). Post installation, while submitting the PIN, it gives an error message “Your Phone network is off, Turn on your phone network then click OK.”

    This model is Wi-Fi only model, so there is no question of switching Phone services ON or OFF. I have also checked that device is connected to internet and it is having appropriate internet access, besides this I have also checked whether GOOD for enterprise works on Wi-Fi only model, it does – infact I have it working on my 7 inch tab which is also Wi-Fi only tab.

    I have done a factory reset / wipe etc… but no resolution of this issue. Tab 3 10.1 Inch has Intel version of GOOD for Enterprise, I have installed the same.

    Can someone assist this please? This is the only application supported in my office for email on android.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Looks like you aren't the only one who has run into this issue. I can't offer much specific help myself as I'm not all that familiar with their services, but here's their official support page on the topic:

    Is Good Compatible With WiFi Only Devices?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    Looks like you aren't the only one who has run into this issue. I can't offer much specific help myself as I'm not all that familiar with their services, but here's their official support page on the topic:

    Is Good Compatible With WiFi Only Devices?
    Thanks, the rquirements seems to be fine. And these are met, since it is working fine thru same net connection from another tab.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Quote Originally Posted by heeemz View Post
    Thanks, the rquirements seems to be fine. And these are met, since it is working fine thru same net connection from another tab.
    I believe the 10.1 Tab has different innards than the other two Tab 3 models. This could very well be the issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 Beta
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Quote Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
    I believe the 10.1 Tab has different innards than the other two Tab 3 models. This could very well be the issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk iOS 2.5.0 Beta
    It uses Intel processor and gfe has separate install for Intel version. Have confirmed this working on same model as mine. I did some more research and it seems to issue with gfe.

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Quote Originally Posted by heeemz View Post
    It uses Intel processor and gfe has separate install for Intel version. Have confirmed this working on same model as mine. I did some more research and it seems to issue with gfe.

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app
    It looks like I have reached dead end with respect to this, no support from good...

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    AFAIk I know GFE for Android, uses the serialnumber of the Simcard to initialy register the device at the Good NOC.
    So get a 2nd phone with a 3g subscription, share this phone, and connect your tablet to the shared phone, and try again.

    Or get yourself a Apple I-pad, that uses the device serialnumber to register on the Good NOC.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn Veldman View Post
    AFAIk I know GFE for Android, uses the serialnumber of the Simcard to initialy register the device at the Good NOC.
    So get a 2nd phone with a 3g subscription, share this phone, and connect your tablet to the shared phone, and try again.

    Or get yourself a Apple I-pad, that uses the device serialnumber to register on the Good NOC.
    This looks interesting, can you explain more on steps? I have iPhone, which could be used if it works this way.

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Well, I've got this working by thetering a Samsung Galaxy S Advance with 3g. ( I made my Android a Hotspot), and then connected a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 WIFI, to It with Wireless.
    Apple devices also have a option to share, I believ Its called Personal Hotspot. In this way you connect to the internet using the phone.
    When you can surf the internet using the phone's hotspot, run the GFE setup. .
    But you seem to have a Iphone, so why don't you just install GFE on the Iphone ?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn Veldman View Post
    Well, I've got this working by thetering a Samsung Galaxy S Advance with 3g. ( I made my Android a Hotspot), and then connected a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 WIFI, to It with Wireless.
    Apple devices also have a option to share, I believ Its called Personal Hotspot. In this way you connect to the internet using the phone.
    When you can surf the internet using the phone's hotspot, run the GFE setup. .
    But you seem to have a Iphone, so why don't you just install GFE on the Iphone ?
    Thanks, I tried doing tethering via iPhone as per your suggestion but it continued to give same error.

    I have gfe on iPhone but it would be very useful to have it on this tab with big screen.

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: GOOD for enterprise Error message “Your Phone network is off"

    Hope some work around or solution be found for this, I have been waiting eagerly for this. I understand from good forum that formal solution may be late this year for Intel devices. Which is not so GOOD from good.

    Sent from my GT-P5210 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by heeemz; 04-30-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 07:28 PM
  2. Wired Tether for Root Users Kyocera Rise Public Mobile
    By 012anonymousxyz in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 09:24 PM
  3. No phone or data service unless in AT&T hotspot
    By lukest in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
  4. Group message with iPhone user problem
    By sirgeeps in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 01:07 PM
  5. manual for chainfire superSU
    By linuxalien in forum LG Optimus Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions