For those of you who use Good at work

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Good's Android client is getting a much needed update. Sounds kinda funny that it's just now getting HTML email but considering Good was a WinMo and Palm shop just over a year ago they have come a long way to help Android in the Enterprise.

What I'm most excited about is "WiFi only provisioning: Provision WiFi only devices" Hopefully this mean I can get this installed on my rooted Nook or any non-carrier tablet.

What's New in Good for Enterprise – Android v1.7.1
  • HTML email*: Improves user experience by displaying rich message content. This feature requires a Good Mobile Messaging server upgrade. HTML email support is disabled by default and must be activated on the server. Details for activating HTML will be provided in the release notes. Once activated, users will have the option to enable HTML email through Preferences.
  • Email recipient warning policy: Minimize accidental data loss with a new policy that warns the user before sending an email if it is addressed to an unauthorized recipient.
  • Calendar reminder policy: Protect enterprise data with a new policy that controls when calendar reminder details are displayed. When this policy is activated, the user must enter the application password to view calendar reminder details.
  • Create/Edit recurring meetings: Schedule and edit recurring meetings from mobile devices.
  • QuickOffice enhancements: View file names when viewing attachments via QuickOffice
  • Enhanced cut/copy/paste: Improves user experience for Android 2.3 and higher devices
  • Secure clipboard: Improves cut/copy/paste policy support across all Android devices by eliminating native clipboard discrepancies
  • WiFi only provisioning: Provision WiFi only devices
  • Improved network awareness: Improves accountability for frequent network changes between WiFi and carrier networks.
  • End of software updates for Android 1.6 devices: This release does not support Android 1.6 devices. Users on Android 1.6 devices can continue to run Good for Enterprise v1.6.5 or upgrade their OS to a newer version, if available. For more information, click here.
  • Minor bug fixes

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Update

Well it's Wed. March 9 and still no update for Good for Enterprise.

Some folks could install from the web-based Market but somehow the previous version is back up and the new version is gone from both Markets.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I must be the only wierdo that wants to disable email notifications. Stupid GOOD client. I already get company mail on a BB. So GOOD on my eVo is convenience when I want to walk with just one device.

I'm probably not getting that this update. Something so simple.

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I must be the only wierdo that wants to disable email notifications. Stupid GOOD client. I already get company mail on a BB. So GOOD on my eVo is convenience when I want to walk with just one device.

I'm probably not getting that this update. Something so simple.

You can easily turn of notifications within the Good client.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can easily turn of notifications within the Good client.

Some secret decoder way to do it? Under preferences > notifications you can set the ringtone and vibrate but not shut them off completely from ending up in the notification bar.

Edit: and still no apptoSD in sight. I guess maybe it breaks the widget and notifications

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Some secret decoder way to do it? Under preferences > notifications you can set the ringtone and vibrate but not shut them off completely from ending up in the notification bar.

Edit: and still no apptoSD in sight. I guess maybe it breaks the widget and notifications

Pick ringtone "Silent" and turn Vibrate off.

I'm pretty sure your Evo has the "Silent" ringtone since it's in the new Sense.

And if you don't it should not be too hard to create a ringtone that's "empty" or silent.

Debra G

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Silent notification is good, but how to get rid of the email icon notification

So, there is no way to do that at this point???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith