Release date??

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
If you look up Google allo on Google it shows at 4.8 rating and the number of reviews keeps going up. Weird

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It will probably come as default on the next Nexus as the main messaging app so it might make its first appearance when that's released.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It will probably come as default on the next Nexus as the main messaging app so it might make its first appearance when that's released.
Yeah, my thoughts is either when 7 is released (Allo needs stuff in 7.0) or when there new Nexus phones get released.

Either way, adoption of this is going to be very slow because of the reliance on having to run on 7.0. it's going to be a little Nexus-only club for a bit.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Might need to be viewing it on the Play Store website:

Capture.PNG

Though there are only 62 reviews so I don't think it's signalling anything right now.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
No real news besides the recent leaks of features from Android Police.

As far as date goes, it seems that some rumors point to next Monday simply based off the recent releases (Duo last Monday, 7.0 this Monday) or when Android 7.1/MR1 comes out.

It seems like Allo is trailing behind Duo because the Google Assistant isn't available yet. It's rumored to launch with MR1 which could be a couple months, which also means Allo could be sitting on the boilerplate until then.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I really expected Allo and Duo to be released together. Releasing them separately, and specially Duo before Allo runs against the point of the apps. Of course, I know delays happen in software, but I would have certainly delayed Duo to be released after Allo...

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I really expected Allo and Duo to be released together. Releasing them separately, and specially Duo before Allo runs against the point of the apps. Of course, I know delays happen in software, but I would have certainly delayed Duo to be released after Allo...

I wonder what the hold up is? Like will we see it before October,?