Are you still using Allo?

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm not the only one trying to use it regularly and actively trying to convince friends and family to use it but I've really not been at all successful in that endeavour.

What about you?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I opened it today.

But only to make sure I didn't miss a mysterious message. None of my family / friends will be interested to switch.

Without proper SMS support I don't see a value right now.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm only using it w/my wife. Replaced Hangouts for our IM messages

I still have a separate SMS app, unfortunately

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I am, with the three people I convinced to use it. And to be fair, it's the three non-iPhone users I communicate with most often, so it works.

JonnyT

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Opened it, disappointed :( I was really hoping there would be SMS support, PC support and frankly, I'm not sure why my girlfriend, her family and my friends would use this.

As a Google fan, I really really want them to be successful with a chat app that lots of people will get on board with. I just don't see how this is going to do that. I hope it gets better and I hope it proves me completely wrong.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I want to use it so bad, but I can't convince everyone nor do I want to "spam" them into using it. I only have two people in my contacts that have even installed it. Unfortunately, until it gets SMS support I probably will not be able to utilize it to its full capacity other than to just use assistant.

Neel Patel7

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I started using it with 5-10 people, i somehow managed to convince them to use Allo but day by day numbers decreased.
Now only me and my wife use it.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it with my wife as well. My work uses hangouts so this let me move our chats out of that crowded app. Still miss the desktop client though. Otherwise I'm more neutral on it than I was at launch (when I was negative).

micmanx

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I would use it but mostly everyone I know uses iPhone. They don't want to download a messaging app when they have iMessage.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Ive tried, but one of my peeves is that there is no way (that I can see) that will tell me which one of my contacts has the app. I don't want to send those stupid Google invite messages to everyone I attempt to reach out to.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried, but one of my peeves is that there is no way (that I can see) that will tell me which one of my contacts has the app. I don't want to send those stupid Google invite messages to everyone I attempt to reach out to.

If you go to start an incognito chat, it will only list those that have Allo.

It's not an ideal way, but it's a way.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
If you go to start an incognito chat, it will only list those that have Allo.

It's not an ideal way, but it's a way.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that. And since there is only 1 person on that list,the likelihood of me using it has just diminished. I'll keep it for now, but I probably won't reinstall when I get my next phone in a few weeks.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Opened it today to see if anyone downloaded it without saying anything and nope. Like other people said without SMS support it is useless.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Opened it today to see if anyone downloaded it without saying anything and nope. Like other people said without SMS support it is useless.

I still check every few days to see if anyone else in my contacts has downloaded it and it's always the same two people. I have been using it with my wife on a daily basis for the last couple of weeks and I love it. It's so much quicker than other messaging apps I've used. Or at least seems to be.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Still using it with the three people I have always been using it with.

Still hoping for SMS support soon. I fear I may be waiting forever though.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The thing about sms support is that isn't not really " safe" and secure which is why I think maybe it's also the reason why they didn't completely put it in totally with the initial release of Allo. I'm just taking a guess here of course..