Interactive Assistant

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The speaker has me interested .. I have always thought about the Echo but if Google had one that would be cool.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
SO when and how can we find and use it? Google now seems to be the same as it was.

Currently the only way to get it on most phones is in the Allo app. It'll be on the new Pixel phones from the start. They haven't said exactly how or when it'll get to other devices, but have said it will. My guess is it'll be part of the Google Search app soon, but for the home button integration will require Nougat, maybe 7.1+

PalakMi

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Currently the only way to get it on most phones is in the Allo app. It'll be on the new Pixel phones from the start. They haven't said exactly how or when it'll get to other devices, but have said it will. My guess is it'll be part of the Google Search app soon, but for the home button integration will require Nougat, maybe 7.1+
Really?! Then I'll go with a 6p and wait till the 2nd gen pixel (most phones get far better with 2nd gen)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if consider the Pixel a "first gen" device. It's really just the new Nexus with a different marketing name. That said, Assistant will probably just as good on the 6P once they update it (which should be soon since it's a Nexus), and you could save quite a bit going with the 6P. The main advantage to the Pixel would be the updated specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech