Anyone considering a Chromebook?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody that has a CR-48 considered getting one of the new Chromebooks from Acer or Samsung?

The Samsung is looking really nice...but I'm not sure it's worth actually spending money on right now.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I think the two being offered are only going to appeal to early adopters, just because of the price. If they get dropped into an Acer One body, and sell for 250$, then they will appeal to a much bigger audience.

I'm curious if any businesses or schools will bite on the lease plan Google is offering. That seems like a hell of a deal, and a Chromebook is the ultimate computer to use to protect users from themselves :p

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont think its a big enough hardware boost for me too shell out that kind of money when i could get a android tablet for that kinda cash :p

Short answer: Heck no. :)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am not. Between a laptop computer the phone and my Xoom why buy one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Instant-on + amazing battery life. And a REAL full desktop browser, not a mobile browser with a desktop setting. :p

The only two things that I need a windows machine for are ADB stuff (really Google?) and ZunePass.

Like Jerry said it could be awesome for a certain market, and any company willing to test new technology that's easy to support and quick to roll out to the workforce.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I got one and I must say it's very useful, but I also have a Xoom... It's great it can be laggy at times and Angry Birds isn't really playable in HD. Still, I could imagine how it could be useful to someone on the go, but I have my tablet and phone for that, so maybe if you don't have one of the two it could be very useful.

Sent from my Nexus S

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana