Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chromecast Compatible Apps [10 apps added]

Compiling a list of ChromeCast Compatible apps that people may find useful.
    Please feel free to add suggestions. Also let me know if you spot any errors

PC/Mac/Pixel:

Cast any local PC/Mac/Linux Media to Chromecast
    Web2Cast

Store to discover Chromocast supported app
    Android Apps:

Free:

• DayFrame
    • BubbleUPnP
    • MyShoebox: Photo Backup Cloud
    • 1.FM Online Radio
    • EZCast
    • Vudu
    • Rhapsody
    • Crackle

Paid:
    • *Free version is limited to 1 min
    • Mono
    • Solid Explorer
    • Pocket Casts
    • PocketCast

Coming Soon:

Rdio
      Beats Music

Note: *Let me know when these apps gets updated
    ** iOS Support
    Last edited by still1; 04-04-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Thanked by 25:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [23Jul - Play Music,Movies,Netflix,Hulu,Rdio,HBO GO]

How is HBO Go compatible? I thought the developer had to enable Chromecast? Has the app been updated?
    Thanked by:
    knizel and Choorp like this.

Default Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [23Jul - Play Music,Movies,Netflix,Hulu,Rdio,HBO GO]

This will be a great thread for later. thanks
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    popartist and rchapman80 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec8785 View Post
    How is HBO Go compatible? I thought the developer had to enable Chromecast? Has the app been updated?
    I don't know if the app is but someone mentioned through the chrome browser you could use it.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Pandora is also compatible; they demoed it during the unveiling. You may want to add it to the apps list.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    Pandora is also compatible; they demoed it during the unveiling. You may want to add it to the apps list.
    Didn't they say that Pandora would be coming soon? I don't think apps should be added to the list unless they work right now.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
    I don't know if the app is but someone mentioned through the chrome browser you could use it.
    Google confirmed with Wired that HULU and HBO GO will work via Chrome.
    Thanked by:

Actually just thinking about it. Chrome on mobile does not support flash so you would still at least need a chromebook to stream HBO go

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    Didn't they say that Pandora would be coming soon? I don't think apps should be added to the list unless they work right now.
    Hmm, I don't remember that. But sit tight. My Amazon order is supposed to be here in 2 days and then I'd be able to tell for sure.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Some of those apps (Hulu, HBO Go) are not actually compatible with Chromecast. They only work if you stream a Chrome tab. Maybe there should be a second list for these kinda-supported services? At least something that notes that they aren't fully supported?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

thanks for the heads up folks!! I updated the post.
    ryder9 likes this.

Also any local files on your desktop/laptop work as well, as it mirrors the tabs. Which you can access those local files by typing in "C:" into chrome.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Google confirmed with Wired that HULU and HBO GO will work via Chrome.
    Yeah, I wonder how this will work because Hulu recognizes that you are on a mobile device, even while accessing them via the Chrome browser. Maybe they just meant if you cast it from a PC?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Yeah, I wonder how this will work because Hulu recognizes that you are on a mobile device, even while accessing them via the Chrome browser. Maybe they just meant if you cast it from a PC?
    Actually Hulu said that they are working close with Google to bring chromecast feature to Hulu Plus Android app.

you cannot cast from chrome browser on Android devices, its from PC.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Compiling a list of ChromeCast Compatible apps that people may find useful.
    Please feel free to add suggestions. Also let me know if you spot any errors
    How about adding links to the official Chromecast apps/extensions?

Android app:
    Chrome extension:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    How about adding links to the official Chromecast apps/extensions?

Android app:
    Chrome extension:
    thanks! updated

You can add AOL and Songza Android apps to the list. There are videos on youtube of their beta versions.

I just set up my Chromecast and mirroring a Chrome tab is extremely laggy. I tried to watch HBO GO this way and while it "works" it's not really watchable.

Now when you say 'Chrome PC/Mac' does this mean I can mirror my entire desktop to Chromecast ala Chrome Remote Desktop on the Chromebook and not simply a browser window?

If I'm able to play media files directly on my desktop and simply mirror the image/sound to my TV using Chromecast/Chrome I will gladly ditch Plex and their janky software forever!

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast*-*
    Twitter -
    Thanked by:
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,976 Global Posts

Booyah! Stickied the thread.
    Thanked by 2:
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

the Spodify webapp works well when casting its tab.

(play.spotify.com)
    Last edited by cammykool; 07-25-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Galaxy S3 (d2vzw): CM11
    LG Optimus V: TVALL ICS
    Motorola Droid: CM10
    Sero 7 Pro: davemper CM11

Has anyone specifically tried streaming a video (TV or movie) from Amazon Prime?

Sent Nexus 7 Style
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cconner94 View Post
    Has anyone specifically tried streaming a video (TV or movie) from Amazon Prime?

Sent Nexus 7 Style
    just did
    video will stream audio will not seems like a simple enough of a fix..
    Galaxy S3 (d2vzw): CM11
    LG Optimus V: TVALL ICS
    Motorola Droid: CM10
    Sero 7 Pro: davemper CM11
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I just set up my Chromecast and mirroring a Chrome tab is extremely laggy. I tried to watch HBO GO this way and while it "works" it's not really watchable.
    How is the wifi strength in this location?

I'd love to see MLB.TV and Watch ESPN jump on board

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    fcjr77 and ECubed like this.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast