| || |
Picked up my Chromecast last night at my local Best Buy, brought it home, plugged it in and couldnt get any picture on my TV no matter the input for approx 20 minutes while I fussed around with the TV input settings. It finally worked and I decided the issues were due to some type of incompatibility between settings on the Chromecast and TV. We watched a TV show on NetFlix (no issues) and went to bed. This morning is a whole different story:
- Woke up, none of my Nexus phones, Nexus tablets, PCs or Chromebook could see the Chromecast device
- Came downstairs and put the TV on to find I was getting "No signal" from the HDMI port it was plugged in to.
- The LED on the Chromecast device was pulsing very fast with a red/white hue to it
- Rebooted the Chromecast device, it came back up, but only for about 15 seconds before it went back to "No signal"
- Tried rebooting it again, would not come back up at all, just fast LED
- Tried rebooting it again, came back up, did factory reset on it and re-configured it for my home network
- Same symptoms, would only stay on for 15 or so seconds before "No signal" and fast LED
Tried it on another TV, exact same symptoms.
I'm thinking I have a defective device unless anyone knows of some reason this may be happening.