Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default if you ordered from Amazon, did you receive your free Netflix code after it shipped?

if you ordered from Amazon, did you receive your free Netflix code after it shipped?

Thanks!

Default Re: if you ordered from Amazon, did you receive your free Netflix code after it shipped?

I believe it had said you would get it a week later, so I doubt anyone that ordered from Amazon has the Netflix code yet.

Default Re: if you ordered from Amazon, did you receive your free Netflix code after it shipped?

I got the Netflix code already for my Google Play order already but not for my Amazon order yet.

I think you will only get the code once it get shipped

Mine just shipped through amazon, no Netflix code yet.... at least that i see. Maybe I am missing it?

Please post when you if you receive one from amazon and how you got it. Thanks!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Randomhero180 View Post
    Mine just shipped through amazon, no Netflix code yet.... at least that i see. Maybe I am missing it?

Please post when you if you receive one from amazon and how you got it. Thanks!
    well... I just bought one from the local Best Buy and the code was printed on the receipt. so I came home and cancelled my order with Amazon.

Mine has already arrived from Amazon but no code yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiersten_Kress View Post
    well... I just bought one from the local Best Buy and the code was printed on the receipt. so I came home and cancelled my order with Amazon.
    I was going to do that after work. But mine shipped before I left...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I was going to do that after work. But mine shipped before I left...
    at least with Amazon, you don't have to pay shipping or tax(in most states). I bought it from Best Buy store so I could use my $30 RewardZone certificates. (sales tax was only calculated on the remaining $5)

Just read that some people are getting their Netflix codes emailed to them once they activate their chrome cast. Maybe this is the case with Amazon too?

Got mine today from amazon. I've been using it for the past 8 hours and still no Netflix code. I definitely got in at least 3 hours before their retroactive cutoff time today too.

What are you referring to when you say retroactive cut off time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

The Netflix code from Amazon will arrive in an email 5 days after it shipped assuming you purchased before the deal was murdered.

Yeah just read that this morning. I ordered release day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What are you referring to when you say retroactive cut off time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    On 7/25 at some point in the evening, Amazon put up a message on the Chromecast product page saying that if you had ordered prior to 5:30PM PST on 7/24,then you would get your code emailed within 5 days. From what I have been gathering, the offer still being listed on the site well beyond that cutoff time. Some people had ordered with the assumption they would be getting the Netflix deal and now here we have Amazon after the fact telling people that they wont get it if their order hadn't been placed before this time frame. Since they didn't tell anyone until a day later, I am calling it a retroactive cut off. I personally should not be affected since I ordered early in the afternoon and have already received my Chromecast. I'm a little worried though since I still have not received my code for the amazon purchase. 5 days seems like an unreasonable wait time. My order that I placed seperately on the Play Store shipped out this morning and I have tracking info that it will be delivered in about a week yet Google has already sent me the Netflix code for that order within hours of the shipment confirmation!
    Thanked by:

Ordered from Amazon Wednesday. Got it Friday. Messed with it Friday night & Saturday morning. No Netflix email yet... It is not about activation.
    <Insert creative signature here>

I got an email from amazon support after talking to them

Hello,

Please know the code will be emailed one week after the Chromecast ships. Please wait till one week.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,

Anshuman M

Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    http://www.amazon.com/your-account?t...idcentral00-20
    Thanked by 2:

When did the code come in? I ordered my Chromecast Wednesday, received it already but never got the code (Google Play) I called both Google and Netflix support and they don't know where it is.

If you look above, David posted an email from amazon that said they will email them out a week after you placed the order. So the earliest you would get it would be this coming up Wednesday. If you ordered from amazon, Google or Netflix would know nothing about it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When I placed my order it still stated on their website that the Netflix offer was in effect. How can Amazon then change it to be cut off at 5:31p PST 07/24/13. I just check my order confirmation and I ordered after 10:30p PST. I will definitely return back to Amazon if they do not honor the promo they had posted at time of order.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Just checked my orders and it finally shows shipped. I ordered on the 24th at 2pm PST. I then saw an email come in that says my netflix code will be coming in a few days.

"Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent Chromecast purchase. Your purchase has qualified you to receive a 3-month Netflix gift code. Your code will be emailed to you 5 days after your Chromecast ships."

Just got mine emailed to me. I ordered it on release day.

I actually got two emails. the first says the will email the codes out 5 days after shipping. Looks like that email was supposed to go out right after you placed your order and someone dropped the ball on that. Right after that I got the email with the code in it.

Code was sent today.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I just received an email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent Chromecast purchase. Your purchase has qualified you to receive a 3-month Netflix gift code. Your code will be emailed to you 5 days after your Chromecast ships.

Of course, no ETA for the Chromecast shipment. My account order history shows they are not available yet.

I ordered my Chromecast last Wesdnesday. They just emailed me my Netflix 3-month code. So they've begun sending them out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast