1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector?

how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector? when I plugged it in,
    the video part works fine... The projector is the Sony VPL-HW50ES 3D projector.

I tried plugging it into my A/V receiver which is also connected via HDMI to the same projector... it would
    not recognize the Chromecast at all. I have this Sony STR-DA5800ES A/V receiver

Default Re: how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector?

It should work fine connected to the receiver. Do you get any kind of output from it?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector?

Quote Originally Posted by sevans View Post
    It should work fine connected to the receiver. Do you get any kind of output from it?
    The Chromecast worked fine on every TV I connected it to. Projector only got video(obviously). A/V receiver doesn't even see it. (tried my Sony and an old Pioneer receiver)

I am really hoping it will work on my receiver. You might try to change the order your powering stuff on for the HDCP handshake to work correctly. I have had to do that with a PS3 before. I think it was TV, Receiver, then PS3.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidretro View Post
    I am really hoping it will work on my receiver. You might try to change the order your powering stuff on for the HDCP handshake to work correctly. I have had to do that with a PS3 before. I think it was TV, Receiver, then PS3.
    I unplugged it and tried it again. This time it works perfectly on my A/V receiver. The sound comes from the A/V receiver and the video goes to the projector.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiersten_Kress View Post
    how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector? when I plugged it in,
    the video part works fine... The projector is the Sony VPL-HW50ES 3D projector.

I tried plugging it into my A/V receiver which is also connected via HDMI to the same projector... it would
    not recognize the Chromecast at all. I have this Sony STR-DA5800ES A/V receiver
    It should work fine with any HDMI port.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry B1 View Post
    It should work fine with any HDMI port.
    except that all HDMI ports are NOT equal