Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix offer ending.

It looks like people who ordered it yesterday or this afternoon, ordered it in time, as the Netflix offer is ending.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Default Re: Netflix offer ending.

So glad I bought mine on day one!

How does this affect other retailers though? Do they have their own allotment of Netflix promo codes?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    So glad I bought mine on day one!

How does this affect other retailers though? Do they have their own allotment of Netflix promo codes?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    From what i have been hearing, I think the offer being terminated is universal, it probably is what Netflix had allotted, so once 3pm PT comes and goes today, that's it.

will this affect amazon purchase?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I bought mine yesterday from Amazon while they had the promo. The offer was even on the product page, so I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by drhere View Post
    I bought mine yesterday from Amazon while they had the promo. The offer was even on the product page, so I hope not.
    yup it was there when i ordered too. so i hope it stays

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

I don't think this change will affect orders already placed. Every retailer has been advertising the Netflix deal. I don't think they can just back out of it if you already bought a Chromecast.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Netflix just got Googled! That must have been some deal Google offered them for 3/mo free for all of these initial purchases (that lasted all of 1 day).

I got the email with my Netflix code. I ordered mine through Google before the show was even over, though.

Since I don't see any BestBuy.com orders mentioned on here, I'll jump in.

I ordered via BestBuy.com yesterday at 6:05 PM EDT. I received my "order has shipped" notice about 12 PM (EDT) today and received my Netflix promo code about 5:30 PM (EDT) today.

I don't have my Cast yet. Should I just go ahead and enter the code now, or wait until I actually have the Cast (so I can maximize the 90 days)??

Maximize the 90 days? You do realize that you can watch Netflix without a Chromecast, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Maximize the 90 days? You do realize that you can watch Netflix without a Chromecast, right?
    Oh, true! I can watch it on my PC, Nexus 7, Droid Razr! Okay, just shoot me now!
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

I bought mine from Best Buy retail store at 1:33pm today. The Netflix code was printed on the same receipt.
    (the code was also automatically emailed to my email address that Best Buy RewardZone had on file)

My friend just came back from the same store. She bought it at 6:30pm and the Netflix code still got printed.

I ordered online for in store pickup.
    I am supposed to get an email and haven't yet. Placed my order at 1:30 PM EST and the info I have says a code will be emailed to me.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

I ordered a total of seven (7) on Thursday, in two batches. Five in the first order, two in the second order, about 20 minutes later. I got five codes for the first batch which we'll be giving away with all five of those Chromecasts, btw and zero for the other two. (And nada for the two I got today from Amazon.)
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Thanks for the info Phil. I hope Amazon comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I ordered online for in store pickup.
    I am supposed to get an email and haven't yet. Placed my order at 1:30 PM EST and the info I have says a code will be emailed to me.
    Have you actually picked it up in person yet? I think Best Buy doesn't consider the purchase "complete" until the product is picked up by a real person.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKPJBM1 | JameBond 3.4.6

Ordered mine from Amazon yesterday around 1, but they never sent me the code. Looks like I have to contact Amazon about where the code may be.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I bought mine at Best Buy at around 5ish pm est today and I still got a promo code and it worked sooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I ordered a total of seven (7) on Thursday, in two batches. Five in the first order, two in the second order, about 20 minutes later. I got five codes for the first batch which we'll be giving away with all five of those Chromecasts, btw and zero for the other two. (And nada for the two I got today from Amazon.)
    Lemme have a code, Phillips!

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

I ordered on amazon last night and upon hearing this news came on ac to see what ppls comments were. My order was out of stock but I hope they still give me the 3 months netflix

Ordered mine from Bestbuy.com last night at around 11PM PST. It shipped this morning but I haven't received an email with the netflix code

Ordered from Google at 12:05pm today (Thursday 7/25) and have not received anything from Netflix.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by guinnkevinr View Post
    Ordered mine from Bestbuy.com last night at around 11PM PST. It shipped this morning but I haven't received an email with the netflix code
    Same exact situation here. Hopefully the code is in my "digital locker" when the Chromecast arrives.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

On Amazon now:

Netflix Promotion No Longer Available

Please note that the Netflix promotional offer (which was available in limited supply) has now ended. Customers who ordered their Chromecast prior to 5:31 PM PST on July 24, 2013 will receive a Netflix gift code via email within 5 days of their product's ship date.
    I know for sure they were still listing the promo (at minimum) several hours after that time. I fear there will be some folks who think they are getting a code and may not.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast