How it turns the tv on

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know in the demo the chromecast can turn on the tv and switch inputs itself.
Phill I also remember you mentioning something about it needing a certain type of tv to do this during the podcast but I cant remember what it was.
Does anybody know how this works? Just wondering if it will work on my tv.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I know in the demo the chromecast can turn on the tv and switch inputs itself.
Phill I also remember you mentioning something about it needing a certain type of tv to do this during the podcast but I cant remember what it was.
Does anybody know how this works? Just wondering if it will work on my tv.
Its called CEC Consumer electronics control...

CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) over HDMI - eLinux.org

If your Tv is say 3 years old or less it will have it for sure...I have it on my 5 year old Samsung. It allows my Yamaha receiver to turn my TV off when it turned off...and the receiver shuts off if I turn the TV off.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Its called CEC Consumer electronics control...

CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) over HDMI - eLinux.org

If your Tv is say 3 years old or less it will have it for sure...I have it on my 5 year old Samsung. It allows my Yamaha receiver to turn my TV off when it turned off...and the receiver shuts off if I turn the TV off.

Great thank you. To be honest I assumed my tv wouldnt have it but I have a about 5 year old samsung so maybe it does. About to graduate and one of my first real life purchases will be a tv so I guess if my current tv doesn't then I can live.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Great thank you. To be honest I assumed my tv wouldnt have it but I have a about 5 year old samsung so maybe it does. About to graduate and one of my first real life purchases will be a tv so I guess if my current tv doesn't then I can live.
It will be called Anynet+ on your Samsung...You should find it in the Menu/settings. If you look in your manual it will list it or just post your model # and one of us can confirm it. I'll bet you have it. If your Hdmi is version 1.3 your good, as it was updated at each version .

and here are some of the other names it goes by for other OEM's

Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi)

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It will be called Anynet+ on your Samsung...You should find it in the Menu/settings. If you look in your manual it will list it or just post your model # and one of us can confirm it. I'll bet you have it. If your Hdmi is version 1.3 your good, as it was updated at each version .

and here are some of the other names it goes by for other OEM's
Great, thats really helpful. Thanks

Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony), HDMI-CEC (Hitachi), E-link (AOC), Kuro Link (Pioneer), CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo), RuncoLink (Runco International), SimpLink (LG), T-Link (ITT), HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic), EasyLink (Philips), and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi)