1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chromecast a reason to dust off my old nexus devices? Wifi issues first hand anyone?

Made the switch to an iPhone and iPads a year ago but got a Chromecast on a whim when I saw that it was in stock at bestbuy near my sister (DC stores were all out tonight). I could format my Sprint Nexus S or my very old Dell Streak 7 and see how they work on wifi with Chromecast or do you think will this functionality come to IOS devices sooner than later?

Probably wont get my hands on it till Sunday but obviously anxious to be back in the google family of products and hear others experiences. Also I heard there are issues with weak wifi signals causing issues. I hope that's not the case because I wanted to try this in my bedroom which has a weak signal (strong enough for browsing the Internet on an ipad mini but YouTube lags and has to buffer frequently). Again anxious to hear others opinions that are lucky enough to already have the device.

Thanks!

Default Re: Chromecast a reason to dust off my old nexus devices? Wifi issues first hand anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    Made the switch to an iPhone and iPads a year ago but got a Chromecast on a whim when I saw that it was in stock at bestbuy near my sister (DC stores were all out tonight). I could format my Sprint Nexus S or my very old Dell Streak 7 and see how they work on wifi with Chromecast or do you think will this functionality come to IOS devices sooner than later?

Probably wont get my hands on it till Sunday but obviously anxious to be back in the google family of products and hear others experiences. Also I heard there are issues with weak wifi signals causing issues. I hope that's not the case because I wanted to try this in my bedroom which has a weak signal (strong enough for browsing the Internet on an ipad mini but YouTube lags and has to buffer frequently). Again anxious to hear others opinions that are lucky enough to already have the device.

Thanks!
    My friend bought three at Pentagon City location tonight and they had several more left. (as of 7pm)

Or if you're willing to drive out to Potomac Mills, they also have some over there.

With the Nexflix deal over, I expect the supply will pick up fairly soon.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Chromecast a reason to dust off my old nexus devices? Wifi issues first hand anyone?

I tried the stock locator for in store pickup last night for DC and both stores said unavailable. Guess its not to be trusted.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

It already works on iOS devices. I picked mine up last night and it works equally as well with my wife's iPhone as it does with my Nexus.