What kind of people are buying the Chromecast for $74 or more on eBay and Amazon?

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What kind of people are buying the Chromecast for $74 or more on eBay and Amazon?

Just curious.... I know someone who just sold one on Amazon for $74 + shipping.

I only got 3 and now all three TVs in my home have Chromecast sticking out the back. :)
(imagine that.... 36 hours ago, I didn't even know what the bloody Chromecast was! :D )

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Not gonna lie. I was tempted to sell my second one which is next to me unopened just because of the profit margins. But I'm going to resist.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not gonna lie. I was tempted to sell my second one which is next to me unopened just because of the profit margins. But I'm going to resist.

If I bought more than one I would.. Make some money and buy one down the road for others.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
People in my position are buying it. I can't get one in a Best Buy to save my life and the shipping time is 2-3wks. I wouldn't personally buy an overpriced one, but I know people will who want it now.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
People in my position are buying it. I can't get one in a Best Buy to save my life and the shipping time is 2-3wks. I wouldn't personally buy an overpriced one, but I know people will who want it now.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

"want it now..." :) I remember several years ago when I waited 10 hours in freezing cold weather outside the Best Buy store. Why did I do such a stupid thing? The Playstation 3 was being released that morning. I bought two. One I kept and one went to my friend's grandson. The ungrateful kid refused the gift and wanted the Xbox 360 instead.

I ended up selling the Playstation 3 for a very handsome $300 profit to someone I met in the Best Buy parking lot. (the guy didn't make the cut when the Best Buy employees were handing out tickets to people in line) Supply and demand, I guess. :)

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Bought two this morning here in New Orleans. After looking yesterday at Amazon and seeing it sold out, I click on best buy and saw it. Than i realized I had two gift cards of 50 $ each from my birthday in Dec. So i logged on thinking I will just order it and wait, I ordered them and an email popped up 10 minutes later saying, Bring these order numbers and your ID to pick up today. I was amazed it was that fast and free ;-) Now time for fun :-0

Kodros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that those being sold probably have the Netflix code. So you can wait 4 weeks and get one without a code so it will be $24 more. Or you can pay the $24 extra and get it now.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Say you buy one for 70 with the Netflix promotion. Now take into consideration they discontinued that offer, so the next chance you have to buy one retail won't include that. Add the Netflix offer and 70 wouldn't be bad at all.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Tapatalk 2

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Still doesn't make sense. 35+24=59, which is still less than 74. I mean, $15 is more than 40% of the retail price of the device itself.

I have one; I really like it. But it's not worth that kind of premium.