No Video Through Onkyo TX-SR607 Reciever

strongergravity

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My Chromecast won't pass video through my Onkyo TX-SR607 A/V receiver. My TV only has 1 DVI port, so I have to pipe & switch everything through the receiver. I've tried several HDMI ports - audio only. I see the "Starting your Chromecast" message for about 1 second before the video goes away. When plugged directly into the TV I get video. I have tried every combination of turning things on/off, plugging/unplugging. No luck.

I don't know what version of HDMI or DRM this thing is running - the receiver is only 2-3 years old & the TV is 8 years old...it works with the TV & not the receiver! It is (obviously) not a cable issue since the Chromecast has no cable & it worked when I plugged it into the DVI cable straight out of the receiver using a female-female HDMI adapter.

Any suggestions? I've already emailed Google via their help page in the hopes that a future firmware update might do it. I hate to spend $500 to get a $35 device to work.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the issue has something to do with using DVI. I have an my Chromecast connected to an Onkyo receiver which is connected to my TV by HDMI and have no problems. Others have posted about success with connecting through a receiver too.

radef

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
DVI or HDMI?

I have an Onkyo receiver as well - don't forget you need to assign the HDMI "input" on the back of the receiver to a particular mode. For example, when I added my Chromecast to HDMI 3, I had to tell the receiver to use HDMI 3 when I selected the SAT/CBL mode.

vishaljanani

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi radef,

I am facing a similar problem with my Onkyo receiver. Can you elaborate on the process / steps that need to be taken. I plugged the chromecast to one of the available HDMI IN on Onkyo receiver (labeled as BD/DVD) and have the output of the receiver to the HDMI 1 port of my TV.

I do not get the video when I plug the chromecast and select the input to BD/DVD on the receiver.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Vishal
DVI or HDMI?

I have an Onkyo receiver as well - don't forget you need to assign the HDMI "input" on the back of the receiver to a particular mode. For example, when I added my Chromecast to HDMI 3, I had to tell the receiver to use HDMI 3 when I selected the SAT/CBL mode.

desertuser

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here with the Onyko receiver. When it's plugged into the amo all the ports goto black, audio can still be heard.

Have changed the HDMI ports to the correct one in the settings. Stuck as I don't have any spare HDMI on my television.

Anyone thought of any solutions???

na120782

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I just got my chromecast in and plugged it into my Onkyo receiver. How do you assign the HDMI input when in a particular mode? The sat/cbl mode is assigned to broadcast the satelite. Should I assign a different mode to the HDMI with the Chromecast or do I have switch when in the sat/cbl mode?

Thank you in advance!

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got my chromecast in and plugged it into my Onkyo receiver. How do you assign the HDMI input when in a particular mode? The sat/cbl mode is assigned to broadcast the satelite. Should I assign a different mode to the HDMI with the Chromecast or do I have switch when in the sat/cbl mode?

Thank you in advance!

They aren't "modes," just the labels for the inputs. My Onkyo receiver has input settings which lets me choose from a list of names for each input. It doesn't really matter what they're called, it makes no difference other than what he display shows.

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Yikes, not happy to see this thread.

We use the CC upstairs so often, I just ordered (actually, just received) a new one for the downstairs TV, which includes an Onkyo AV receiver. Won't have time to test it until the weekend, but now nervious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae