Another idea for streaming movies

ckidwell20

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure everyone knows that you can simply drop a video file (most video files at least) into Chrome and it casts it very nicely on chromecast. I made a very simple webpage and when cast to my chromecast it looks nice and is an easy place to have all my movies organized. Right now I only have movie's that I ripped for my son for his iPad but I think it works great. If anyone wants the files let me know and I'll be glad to send them your way, not the movie files of course!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 99

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Check out Plex Media Server. The Plex Web interface works pretty well.

They are also working on adding Chromecast native functionality to their apps.

ckidwell20

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It's not hart to do, and should work fine on a mac also. It's just a simple website I made. I have since switched to using Plex, which I only found out about a couple of days ago. I use Plex to connect to my Roku, which works great. But if you're interested in the files I uploaded them to my box account, the url for that is https://app.box.com/chromecastmovies I added some links to pandora and netflix at the top. If anyone needs any help figuring them out you can e-mail me chris @ kidwell (dot) me and I'll try to help you as much as possible! I used Notepad for all the HTML.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig