Chromecast from Best Buy box was empty.!!!!!

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I order the google chromecast the first day it was on sell online and it shipped the next day. I received it today and to my surprise the box was empty with nothing but the receipt. I have been waiting (5) days for my chormecast to arrive and i get this inconvenience. I called to report this and was told this item is sold out and we don't know when we will be getting anymore in stock. This is not the way you do business. The person that did it had to to it on purpose cause i had (4) pads in the box to try to make up for the size of the package.. Now i have to wait (3) days for someone to contact me and hope that here are some back in stock soon. How is the acceptable for any business to let this happen. I canceled my HBO & Cinemax subscription cause i had plans on using Netflix and chormecast for my movie viewing. Thanks bestbuy for the great service:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2013-07-29

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Chromecast from bestbuy box was empty.!!!!!

Does it look like the box was opened and taped shut again? Maybe someone stole it? I dunno. It just seems crazy that they'd actually ship an empty box. Either way, sorry to hear about it. Hopefully they make it right.

Edit:
I'm assuming you bought from the Play Store? My box had four "pillows" as well.

Edit2:
Forget the first edit. You mention Best Buy in the title.

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Does it look like the box was opened and taped shut again? Maybe someone stole it? I dunno. It just seems crazy that they'd actually ship an empty box. Either way, sorry to hear about it. Hopefully they make it right.

Edit:
I'm assuming you bought from the Play Store? My box had four "pillows" as well.

It was tapped shut I had to get a knife to open it so either they didn't ship it or UPS stole it I'm mad as hell and already email best buy and went on there community boards to report this

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

It is also possible that whatever distribution center employee packed it wanted one too. Could also just be an error, who knows. I would just order another and also follow through with getting this one replaced. If I get three in my box I'll let you know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

It is also possible that whatever distribution center employee packed it wanted one too. Could also just be an error, who knows. I would just order another and also follow through with getting this one replaced. If I get three in my box I'll let you know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

They are sold out everywhere there is no way to order another one but thanks.

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Do you use Twitter? If so, mention @BestBuySupport

I called ,emailed, twitter, postee it on their community boards. Ever type of contact they have available:banghead::banghead::banghead:

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Just got this email from them so I have no idea when I will be getting one i am so mad.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375188159196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375188159196.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 133

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Tell them to buy one off eBay! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I order the google chromecast the first day it was on sell online and it shipped the next day. I received it today and to my surprise the box was empty with nothing but the receipt. I have been waiting (5) days for my chormecast to arrive and i get this inconvenience. I called to report this and was told this item is sold out and we don't know when we will be getting anymore in stock. This is not the way you do business. The person that did it had to to it on purpose cause i had (4) pads in the box to try to make up for the size of the package.. Now i have to wait (3) days for someone to contact me and hope that here are some back in stock soon. How is the acceptable for any business to let this happen. I canceled my HBO & Cinemax subscription cause i had plans on using Netflix and chormecast for my movie viewing. Thanks bestbuy for the great service:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAASI/_5NzP1f_Mq8/w346-h260/2013-07-29

UGH... That does suck and it isn't fair. Did you try to go into a Best Buy store and purchase one? I did on Friday and they had a bunch in my store. Then, you can send back the one sent to you.

J

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Why would someone risk their job for a $35 device?

Exactly what I was thinking I think it was a packaging error. I'm not about them messing up I mean it happens. Its the fact that I can't find one anywhere except eBay which has jacked up the prices.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I've been told by BBY stores in my area that they all receive their truck on Thursday and then the product is available on Friday. I was also told that you can "pre-buy" over the phone. I know it's a hassle, but maybe call around to various BBYs in your area and if you find a store that has them, pay for it over the phone and then deal with BBY on the missing order.

auau465121

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Update #3 just got this email how can they reship something that is not in stock? And what can I spend $20 on at best buy? I just want my chromecast that's all I want.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375197261499.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375197261499.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 95

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

And what can I spend $20 on at best buy?

They're giving you a $20 credit because they want to appear to be doing something to address the situation, but they also know that most of their products cost more than $20, so you'll have to spend some of your ca$h in addition to the $20.

I would get a $20 Play Gift Card. :D

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

I always thought (or maybe just assumed) that companies kept a small supply on hand to replace defective units. Guess not.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm also inclined to believe it was human error. Let he who has never made an on the job mistake cast the first stone ;)

I think the key here is your netflix code. Do you have them? if not make sure you get them. If you got them and activated them try and begg another one from Best Buy support as by the time you get a new Chromcast a month or may have passed.

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

What do they hope to find with this UPS trace? The box was delivered, although empty.

Minh Bui

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Oh my!! I would be mad. I would yell at them then ask for a better deal than $20 lol