Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Chromecast supporting app wishlist

I know there's a list of apps that are already supporting the Chromecast, so how about a "Wish List"??

Here's a list of a few apps I would like to see on the Chromecast and the developer's website (so we can bug them!).

I don't think we're permitted to publish e-mail addresses here on the forum. So, I'll just say that the contact info for many of these companies are in Google Play.

CBS Interactive:

TV.com
    CBS News
    C|NET
    ZD Net

NBC

NBC Universal, Inc.

ABC

Hulu
    yellowsun likes this.

Default Re: Chromecast supporting app wishlist

Watchever

And please, Netflix, update the app that it don't makes the black screen of death on my Nexus 4 running 4.3 like described here: Black screen of death: Android 4.3 + Netflix - xda-developers

The obvious answer is "any movie player". Let the Chromekey stream directly from my server without any copy/paste workaround silliness in Chrome.

I also want:
    * Photos from android/iphone to the Chromekey.
    * Currents - when I initiate the cast, turn off the display on the phone but leave the touchscreen active so I can swipe through articles. Back button to turn the screen back on.
    * Google+ because duh.

Dan

About the only apps I'd love to see are Hulu and Pocketcasts for watching video podcasts. It would be great to have more support for everything, but those are the ones I can see myself using on the device.

Google+; Drive/Docs - especially for PowerPoints (use your phone or tablet to advance slides or even draw or write on the slide while its on display), but also for any other media stored in the cloud; Slacker Radio
    Thanked by:

Steam

TuneIn Radio

WatchESPN!!!

Tivo (it is a WISH list, right?)
    jaredsutter likes this.

+1 for hulu & pocketcasts.

Also, I'd like HBOGO, doggcatcher, amazon instant video (web)
    lpt2569 likes this.

Vudu & flixster to play my ultraviolet movies
    Thanked by:
    AZBrowncoat likes this.

Doggcatcher, MLB at Bat, Google + photos, and Google Drive.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

HBOGo (without paying for a cable subscription - I'll happily pay HBO directly) and Amazon Prime/Instant. And something that allows live sports games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    whitenack likes this.

HBOGo, Amazon Prime, VUDU, SiriusXM

HBO Nordic and Spotify!

Posted via Android Central App

Google+, Drive, Vudu, TV Networks (They all need to get on the ball!), and maybe a few anime sites wouldn't hurt like Manga.

I received an email from Flixter representative saying they are interested in the chromecast. They are looking into updated their app with the feature but no timeline is indicated when. Vudu hasn't announced anything yet. Hopefully they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamin View Post
    TuneIn Radio
    Kamin hit the nail right on the head: TuneIn Radio!!! TuneIn Radio on Chromecast would be a major win for everybody involved. It would be a major win for Google; it would be a major win for TuneIn; it would be a major win for radio stations; and it would be a major win for consumers. I hope somebody at Google or TuneIn is reading this thread.
    Last edited by Jabreky; 08-07-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Kamin 
    Ryan Lundie likes this.

NFL Mobile in time for the season would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabreky View Post
    Kamin hit the nail right on the head: TuneIn Radio!!! TuneIn Radio on Chromecast would be a major win for everybody involved. It would be a major win for Google; it would be a major win for TuneIn; it would be a major win for radio stations; and it would be a major win for consumers. I hope somebody at Google or TuneIn is reading this thread.
    I have confidence that TuneIn will be able to cast at some point. TuneIn has been awesome at adding Google services to their app. Just give 'em a little time. ;-)

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Amazon Instant Video and HBO GO.

"The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Yes, TuneIn would be awesome. Ditto for IHeartRadio. Even though I don't care much for Clear Channel, there are some stations on their app that TuneIn doesn't have.

Crackle would be another good addition.

And I would absolutely love it if Mummybox would make a return via Chromecast. That was an amazing service.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Twitch tv

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I 2nd the Crackle request!

Since writing that post, I have discovered the following: Google is a part owner of TuneIn; and TuneIn's CFO moved to TuneIn from Google. So I guess it's a pretty good prediction that TuneIn Radio will be on Chromecast in the not-too-distant future. As a big TuneIn fan, I'm looking forward to it.

Reference:
    http://mercurynews.com/ci_23343487

Since writing that post, I have discovered the following: Google is a part owner of TuneIn; and TuneIn's CFO moved to TuneIn from Google. So I guess it's a pretty good prediction that TuneIn Radio will be on Chromecast in the not-too-distant future. As a big TuneIn fan, I'm looking forward to it.

Reference:
    http://mercurynews.com/ci_23343487
    WTF! This forum is blocking non-members from using the link I posted under "Reference" in the post copied above. That sort of blocking is ridiculous and annoying. My link was for a San Jose Mercury News article. If you are a non-member, you can find it by Googling this string (which is the title of the article):

"TuneIn: Google Ventures among those pouring $25M into Palo Alto radio service"

Note to forum administrator: This is a pain for non-members because they can not simply click a link, and it is a pain for me because I have to waste my time posting this work-around for non-members. If it is your goal to make people no longer want to use your forum, this is a great way to do that.
    amrith777 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast