Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phil Nickinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome Tab to TV Produces Image with Half the Pixels

Hey all. Just want to see if anyone else has this problem and see if they've possibly fixed it.

Basically, when I send a Chrome tab to my Chromecast it produces what seems like only half the image. Think of it like the whole image was there at one point but then someone went in and removed lines of pixels from the image. So what I see is the entire image, but only parts of it. Audio works perfectly. Casting from my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 works beautifully. It's only when I cast a tab from my laptop that this issue occurs.

I'm using a Macbook Air 2013 (Haswell model and Chrome is up to date) which is said to be one of the supported devices for 720p streaming. I've also set the option down to 480p (standard) streaming and it produces the same results. When the Chromecast is sitting at the Ready to Cast screen everything looks great. It's just for some reason when I send the tab over it produces this wonky image.

I have full signal strength on my wifi, and like I said, everything else works great. Anyone experience this issue or know what it might be? Chromecast help page didn't have anything useful and when I click the Chromecast troubleshooting help link it appears to be a dead link (takes me to an empty page and has the Google logo in the top left corner.

I've tried plugging the Chromecast into my TV directly and into my HDMI 5-port switch and both options produce the same result. Anyone experience this issue?

Default Re: Chrome Tab to TV Produces Image with Half the Pixels

Have you tried making adjustment on your TV? It almost sounds like your TV is not auto switching to a lower resolution input or something.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya I tried changing the aspect ratio of the tv but it didn't seem to do anything. Though I don't think I tried forcing the resolution change. I'll see if I can do that when I get home.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Thanked by:
    CreeperCode likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks Phil! I will try this as soon as I get home!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

This worked Phil. Thanks!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App