1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Jellybean

Default Any way to ship Chromecast to India?

I would really love a Chromecast, but I think there are next to 0 chances of getting it here.

One of my relatives was coming to India, but the announcement came just a day before they were leaving, so that idea is ruled out.

I tried eBay, but they are charging 3 times the actual rate of the Chromecast.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get it to India relatively inexpensively?

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Default Re: Any way to ship Chromecast to India?

You can buy one second hand on ebay I'm sure.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Tapatalk 2

Shipping it to India is one thing. I guess the bigger question is: Will it actually work in India?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    Shipping it to India is one thing. I guess the bigger question is: Will it actually work in India?
    Why not? Does it have any region specific things? I know it won't play Netflix, but at least YouTube and Google Play (except Music) will work. Also, I could easily stream local content from the Chrome desktop file explorer 'work-around' thingy..

I don't know if it's region specific. I don't think anyone outside of Region 1 has used it yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

There's a site called "Firangibhai" that handles shipping and customs for you, and will deliver it straight to your door:

As for: will it work?
    Well, the Chrome browser thingie will work for sure - though the resolution may not be great from some reviews I've seen. YouTube and Google Play should work great.

(Of course, assuming you have a good bandwidth net connection, and a good Wifi router)

On Shopyourworld.com it is available for 4690.
    It works in India, however you may need to do a little homework for that. Tips are given in the link below:

Quote Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
    Why not? Does it have any region specific things? I know it won't play Netflix, but at least YouTube and Google Play (except Music) will work. Also, I could easily stream local content from the Chrome desktop file explorer 'work-around' thingy..
    I'm just not sure the Chromecast sends the signal in the right format since the TV's are different across the world.

India uses PAL B. USA, Canada & Mexico uses NTSC M

WORLD TELEVISION SIGNAL GUIDE

The table below lists broadcast standards by country. There are three main television standards used throughout the world.

NTSC - National Television Standards Committee
    Developed in the US and first used in 1954, NTSC is the oldest existing broadcast standard. It consists of 525 horizontal lines of display and 60 vertical lines. Only one type exists, known as NTSC M. It is sometimes irreverently referred to as "Never Twice the Same Color."

SECAM - Système Électronique pour Couleur avec Mèmoire.
    Developed in France and first used in 1967. It uses a 625-line vertical, 50-line horizontal display. Different types use different video bandwidth and audio carrier specifications. Types B and D are usually used for VHF. Types G, H, and K are used for UHF. Types I, N, M, K1 and L are used for both VHF and UHF. These different types are generally not compatible with one another. SECAM is sometimes irreverently referred to as "Something Essentially Contrary to the American Method" or "SEcond Color Always Magenta."

PAL - Phase Alternating Line
    Developed in Germany and first used in 1967. A variant of NTSC, PAL uses a 625/50-line display. Different types use different video bandwidth and audio carrier specifications. Common types are B, G, and H. Less common types include D, I, K, N, and M. These different types are generally not compatible with one another. Proponents of PAL irreverently call it "Perfection At Last," while critics of its enormous circuit complexity call it "Pay A Lot" or "Picture Always Lousy."

Last edited by Shilohcane; 09-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Its is awesome product , i have bought one from ibhejo.com , it is available with them at a very good price