No casting tab on Netflix or Pandora on GB2.3

CyaniCs

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Neither my wifes Mytouch4g or my LG G2x (both with Android 2.3), have the casting button on Netflix.
Is casting on Netflix supported by Chromecast under 2.3? or has this become a 4.x version only cast?
We have already tried doing a full factory reset. Apps are fully up-to-date. I know Pandora is pending, so no big deal, but Netflix was a launch partner.

Anyone else observe this?

fakestreet2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yea netflix wont work on my g2x either, the issue is that the netflix app wont enable the proper ui version for the phone. I contacted netflix and after having a funny conversation with the online person I got a call from someone in their development team they said they'd look into it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

CyaniCs

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yea netflix wont work on my g2x either, the issue is that the netflix app wont enable the proper ui version for the phone. I contacted netflix and after having a funny conversation with the online person I got a call from someone in their development team they said they'd look into it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

solved it myself. if you are rooted, you can edit your build prop for model/make and change it to Nexus S.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...rtain-phones-razr-bionic-etc.html#post2965987