Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Chromecast for analog audio only

I'we got one of those to, mut i can only get sound out if i have the vga cable connected (have one connected to my monitor)
    As soon as i remove the vga, the sound stops.
    I read somewere that it went in to sleep mode when no monitor on vga.
    Does anyone know of a way to trick the dongle to think there is a monitor connected?
    Maby short some of the pins?

I too am having problems. This dongle won't work for me either. (Though mine is in black.) It works when VGA is plugged in.

I am trying the HDMI audio decoder Converter digital audio embedded HDMI to analog stereo audio from Ebay next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brownell View Post
    I too am having problems. This dongle won't work for me either. (Though mine is in black.) It works when VGA is plugged in.

I am trying the HDMI audio decoder Converter digital audio embedded HDMI to analog stereo audio from Ebay next.
    I just recieved this adapter and it works perfectly. It seems that if the adapter has a video out the chromecast will not work.

I tried this and I'm having no luck so far with my adapter. I have not tried shorting the VGA or plugging in a monitor yet. Was trying to just get an audio signal from the chromecast to power some outdoor speakers.

Hi, I tried the same and could not get any audio out. Could you add some detail about your exact set procedure. Thank You.

Hey I have a solution for you , we are on kickstarter now , try search " JoyDrone - Music Adapter for Chromecast "

Trust me , there is bug with the VGA adapter from the market ,I have have tried a lot of dongle and not everyone works well with Chromecast .
    So I contacted some silicon vendor and talk to them with the problem I had .
    And here is the dongle I designed for Chromecast ..we are on kickstarter now , try search " JoyDrone - Music Adapter for Chromecast "

This product looks cool. I have been searching this for a while.

I tried a HDMI to VGA+audio dongle before but it didn't work very well and didn't have any indicators to see if it's ready for cast.

Kinda wanna see how it works with my Chromecast.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12