Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Remote control for Chrome browser casting?

I have my chromecast installed on my bedroom TV (have Google TV in the den) but my desktop is in the den. I'd like to cast from the desktop to the den, but I'm not sure if there is a way to control the video once I get to the bedroom?

Default Re: Remote control for Chrome browser casting?

Any android (2.2 or above), IOs (? or above) or laptop will do it
    Darth Vader offers you a Guinness.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mikebear View Post
    Any android (2.2 or above), IOs (? or above) or laptop will do it
    Thanks for the reply, but I am talking about casting using the chrome browser tab.

Let me give an example... Let's say I want to cast hulu from my desktop to my bedroom TV. I pull up hulu on my chrome browser, play a video, and cast it to my chromecast on my bedroom TV. Then I run to the bedroom to watch the video. What happens if I want to pause the video, or watch a different video on hulu? Do I have to go back to the desktop in the den and control it there? It would be great if I could take control of the chromecast controls from my phone/tablet.

How about this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ousefree&hl=en

I use a bluetooth mouse myself as my laptop is not really that far from where I sit to watch TV.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    How about this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ousefree&hl=en

I use a bluetooth mouse myself as my laptop is not really that far from where I sit to watch TV.
    Thanks! That might work. I did not realize that I would be able to see the mouse on the casted screen.

The problem is when you cast to your TV from the browser there is no cursor icon. So you would have to go back unless you use a wireless mouse and hope that the cursor didn't get moved from the play/pause button.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ras.cal View Post
    The problem is when you cast to your TV from the browser there is no cursor icon. So you would have to go back unless you use a wireless mouse and hope that the cursor didn't get moved from the play/pause button.
    Ok. This is what I was afraid of. Yeah, it would be great if there was an app of some description that would take over the video controls of a browser tab cast.

Remote desktop app?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]