- 2 Posts
How to setup ChromeCast on 7 year old Panasonic 42 plasma.
My seven year old Panasonic Plasma has one HDMI port now connected to my DVR. No USB port. Only USB port is on my Direct TV DVR.
When I plug ChromeCast in DVR port white light appears on ChromeCast but no selection on TV/Video shows setup for CC. Will this TV work
with the CC plug-in?
Thanks for any advise
- 08-10-2014, 08:29 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: How to setup ChromeCast on 7 year old Panasonic 42 plasma.
I realise you asked this question well over a year and a half ago, but I'll share what I discovered for future Googlers like myself.
Like yours, my old Panasonic TH42PX60B did not display the Chromecast screen when plugged into the 2nd HDMI port. It appears that the ports are not created equally, and my Chromecast would only work in HDMI 1. Swapping my existing set top box for the Chromecast did the trick.
I have a faint memory that only HDMI 1 supported HDCP, but I'm not sure if that's the issue.
- By daaarn in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 08-29-2013, 09:19 AM
- By Somdk in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 10Last Post: 08-07-2013, 11:01 PM
- By AncientRomeBC in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2013, 04:24 AM
- By Stephanie McNear in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:58 PM
- By oneclickroot in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2013, 10:55 PM