Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon Chromecast Shipments not until 21 August...

So I ordered it on July 24th at 7PM ET but it doesn't look like they're shipping until August 21st

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Default Re: Amazon Chromecast Shipments not until 21 August...

Yeah I was going to order it when it was announced but I figured I could track it down in stores. On the 26th I was able to score one.

Don't worry its worth the wait.

AT&T HTC One MoDaCo.Switch Beta 8
    Nexus 7 2013 Unlocked Root + TWRP
    Chromecast

I ordered around same time as you and got an August 21st notice too - that's some major backlog

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Same here, got excited when I saw the shipping soon...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    ROM
    Skyraider 1.3

I got the same email, so I cancelled with Amazon...

I ordered it on Amazon by 4:30 pm 24th. I got it just a days ago.
    just 2 hours and the shipping slipped?? wow!! thats a lot of demand for chromecast

I ordered mine on the 24th of July, it just shipped on the 3rd. It was sitting in the cue for several days where it went from backorder to "your item is shipping soon with an expected delivery date of Aug 7- Aug 24". Then it shipped.
    Wish I hadn't chosen super saver shipping!

I did mine on the 31and it say the same thing on the 21august

I also got the Aug. 21st date. But today, I just received an email from Amazon and it says delivery date of Aug 8th!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I received the same email about an august 21st ship date. Now, today received an email stating they don't have a ship date...bummer
    Thanked by:
    Nchaka likes this.

That's exactly what happened to me pinch. I was wondering if that had happened to anyone else. I really hope I don't have to wait any longer than the 21st.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Adding in my two cents - got the unknown ship date email as well. Hope it's not much longer...
    Current Phone: Verizon HTC One M8
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro

Good news!

A friend of mine had ordered his Chromecast from Amazon the night it was released, right before the Netflix deal ended, and his unit arrived today. So it looks like Amazon has started shipping a bit earlier than expected.

I got the same email from Amazon. What gives! I believe it now may not arrive until September!

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Do you think the Play store would be faster? I really want instant gratification from my new toy! Not enough to pay $65 on Ebay, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by pinch55 View Post
    Do you think the Play store would be faster? I really want instant gratification from my new toy! Not enough to pay $65 on Ebay, mind you.

I think that, at this point, it's a total crapshoot. As I said a couple of posts ago, a friend actually got his from Amazon yesterday, so there's no telling who will ship first. I guess, if you want to be sure, you could order one from each place. Expensive, yes, but it isn't like you'll have any trouble selling the one you choose not to keep. Or save it for a Christmas present and make someone very happy.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I just got an order update from Amazon, It will arrive around Oct. 21!
    If it wasn't for the netflix promo, I'd order from the play store or Best Buy and cancel Amazon.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

So I ordered on Amazon on the 26th of July. At first they said that the didn't know when it would ship, then I got the email saying delivery would be August 21st. A day later, I got an email saying that they once again did not know when it would ship. I wake up this morning to an email saying that it should arrive any time between October 17-31. I guess this thing is made of rare metals only obtainable from Mars and they have to wait to retrieve them from the Rover of some crap. Suddenly, finding one on eBay isn't looking too bad.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nchaka View Post
    If it wasn't for the netflix promo, I'd order from the play store or Best Buy and cancel Amazon.
    I don't care about the promo. Is is common knowledge that one would receive it quicker ordering through the Play Store or Best Buy? The only reason I ordered through Amazon is because it was Prime eligible so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Nchaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grndlvl View Post
    So I ordered on Amazon on the 26th of July. At first they said that the didn't know when it would ship, then I got the email saying delivery would be August 21st. A day later, I got an email saying that they once again did not know when it would ship. I wake up this morning to an email saying that it should arrive any time between October 17-31. I guess this thing is made of rare metals only obtainable from Mars and they have to wait to retrieve them from the Rover of some crap. Suddenly, finding one on eBay isn't looking too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grndlvl View Post
    I don't care about the promo. Is is common knowledge that one would receive it quicker ordering through the Play Store or Best Buy? The only reason I ordered through Amazon is because it was Prime eligible so I didn't have to pay for shipping.
    Same thing here...a bit disappointed, but I guess I should have ordered earlier! Canceled the Amazon order...I'll either get it somewhere else, or just re-order later. Luckily isn't something that I *need*.

Late to the party. Ordered mine from Amazon on July 29. Just received an email indicating that it may be shipped between Oct 18 and Nov 8. Would order from Google Play instead but the tax and shipping add up to nearly 8 bucks!

Also just cancelled Amazon order and just ordered it from the Play store. I dont need it that bad but waiting until October is too long to wait.

My order placed on July 26. Latest update from Amazon was for delivery between Oct 18 and Nov 6 !!!! WOW! in addition to the delay, the window of delivery is 3 weeks. This is also significant. It shows that really they have no clue when it will be available or when they will be shipping.

I had an online chat this morning with Amazon. They simply apologized and offered me to cancel if I wanted and buy from one of the other Amazon Vendors. Yeah right! these other guys are selling it for $96 hahaha.

Also I found a blog which suggests that Google may have a "Legal" issue with the name "Chromecast" because there is already a website out there with this registered name

I wish Google came out with a clear announcement explaining and clarrifying what the issue is and when themselves AND their other vendors (Amazon, BestBuy) will be getting stock to be delivered.

Same scenario for me. Ordered early morning July 25th. Wont see it until mid-October. Called and complained to Amazon. Not much help there. That's what we all get for buying from faceless Internet retailers. They really don't care about the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by dfalck View Post
    Same scenario for me. Ordered early morning July 25th. Wont see it until mid-October. Called and complained to Amazon. Not much help there. That's what we all get for buying from faceless Internet retailers. They really don't care about the customer.
    I'm not sure what you'd expect them to do? They can't ship items they don't have, and obviously Google has modified whatever the original time-table was for them to get items to ship. It's easy to cancel the order, but you can't really expect them to have the ability to do much more in this situation. I actually appreciate the fact that they have provided estimates as they have become available, as disappointing as that information has been...and I appreciate the fact that I was able to easy cancel my order when I found the shipping estimate too far out.

It's not like they're sitting on a warehouse full of them and refusing to ship the item.
    saporta and rmmyyz like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast