Amazon Chromecast Shipments not until 21 August...

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I was going to order it when it was announced but I figured I could track it down in stores. On the 26th I was able to score one.

Don't worry its worth the wait.

AT&T HTC One MoDaCo.Switch Beta 8
Nexus 7 2013 Unlocked Root + TWRP
Chromecast

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I ordered around same time as you and got an August 21st notice too - that's some major backlog

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered it on Amazon by 4:30 pm 24th. I got it just a days ago.
just 2 hours and the shipping slipped?? wow!! thats a lot of demand for chromecast

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 24th of July, it just shipped on the 3rd. It was sitting in the cue for several days where it went from backorder to "your item is shipping soon with an expected delivery date of Aug 7- Aug 24". Then it shipped.
Wish I hadn't chosen super saver shipping!

pinch55

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I received the same email about an august 21st ship date. Now, today received an email stating they don't have a ship date...bummer :'(

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what happened to me pinch. I was wondering if that had happened to anyone else. I really hope I don't have to wait any longer than the 21st.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Good news!

A friend of mine had ordered his Chromecast from Amazon the night it was released, right before the Netflix deal ended, and his unit arrived today. So it looks like Amazon has started shipping a bit earlier than expected.

pinch55

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the Play store would be faster? I really want instant gratification from my new toy! Not enough to pay $65 on Ebay, mind you.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you think the Play store would be faster? I really want instant gratification from my new toy! Not enough to pay $65 on Ebay, mind you.

I think that, at this point, it's a total crapshoot. As I said a couple of posts ago, a friend actually got his from Amazon yesterday, so there's no telling who will ship first. I guess, if you want to be sure, you could order one from each place. Expensive, yes, but it isn't like you'll have any trouble selling the one you choose not to keep. Or save it for a Christmas present and make someone very happy.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got an order update from Amazon, It will arrive around Oct. 21!
If it wasn't for the netflix promo, I'd order from the play store or Best Buy and cancel Amazon.

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So I ordered on Amazon on the 26th of July. At first they said that the didn't know when it would ship, then I got the email saying delivery would be August 21st. A day later, I got an email saying that they once again did not know when it would ship. I wake up this morning to an email saying that it should arrive any time between October 17-31. I guess this thing is made of rare metals only obtainable from Mars and they have to wait to retrieve them from the Rover of some crap. Suddenly, finding one on eBay isn't looking too bad.

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
If it wasn't for the netflix promo, I'd order from the play store or Best Buy and cancel Amazon.

I don't care about the promo. Is is common knowledge that one would receive it quicker ordering through the Play Store or Best Buy? The only reason I ordered through Amazon is because it was Prime eligible so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

So I ordered on Amazon on the 26th of July. At first they said that the didn't know when it would ship, then I got the email saying delivery would be August 21st. A day later, I got an email saying that they once again did not know when it would ship. I wake up this morning to an email saying that it should arrive any time between October 17-31. I guess this thing is made of rare metals only obtainable from Mars and they have to wait to retrieve them from the Rover of some crap. Suddenly, finding one on eBay isn't looking too bad.

I don't care about the promo. Is is common knowledge that one would receive it quicker ordering through the Play Store or Best Buy? The only reason I ordered through Amazon is because it was Prime eligible so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Same thing here...a bit disappointed, but I guess I should have ordered earlier! Canceled the Amazon order...I'll either get it somewhere else, or just re-order later. Luckily isn't something that I *need*.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463