Stream to Chromecast with PC connected to Router?

SMELTN

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So my home PC is connected directly to my wifi router. Is it possible to stream to the chromecast with that?

When I try right now, it says No Cast Devices Found, but I am assuming that's because I am not on wifi, but if I am connected to the same network shouldn't it work?

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I assume both devices must have IP addresses on the same subnet and the router does not block traffic from the hardwired side to the wireless side.

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When you first set it up, your computer (or whatever device you are using to set it up) must be on wifi. That's because at first the Chromecast acts as a wifi hotspot that your computer has to communicate with in order to give it the login info for your network. After you have it set up and it is a client on your network, you can then access it from your computer connected via wired to your router or wireless to the same network.

Last edited:

SMELTN

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I set it up using my macbook pro for this very reason.. I am able to access it with ALL wireless devices, just not from my desktop

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
As another poster said, check to make sure both the Chromecast and desktop are on the same address range. You might also turn off your computer's firewall to see if that's causing the problem. Other than that, I can't think of anything else at the moment. My iMac is connected to my Airport Extreme via cat5, and it sees the Chromecast just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463