- 09-16-2013, 04:32 PM #26
Re: Wired PC to Chromecast
I have a similar issue. The help centre told me to Enable IGMP and disable IGMP Proxy. Which works for wired purposes.
However, I still have a rather complex issue. At home I have the following configuration:
- A Cisco EPC3925 router that provides DHCP and wireless signal inthe living room.
- A TP-Link WR841N router, configured as an access point (DHCP disabled) connected to the router via ethernet (lan port to lan port). The AP provides wireless signal for the rooms. The wireless signal provided by TP-Link has same SSID and security as the cisco router.
The Cisco and TP-Link machines operate on same network (i.e. IP structures)
Most of the time the chromecast connects to the Cisco wireless (because signal is stronger). When this is the case, any computer connected on the TP-Link ( via lan or wireless) or connected via Lan to Cisco router will not be able to see the chromecast (i.e. chome extension says that device is missing)
However, If I disable Cisco's wireless, the chromecast then automatically switches to the access point's (TP-Link) wireless. When this is the case, computers connected via wire to the Cisco Router will see the chromecast and will be able to cast content.
In resume: A computer conected by wire to the Cisco machine will be able to cast content if Chromecast is connected to TP-Link's wireless, but not if chromecast is connected to Cisco's wireless. Any suggestions? I did not find AP-Isolation settings on Cisco's parameters.
- 10-24-2013, 10:59 PM #27
- 10-25-2013, 04:31 AM #28
- 12-28-2013, 01:32 PM #29
- 12-28-2013, 11:58 PM #30
Re: Wired PC to Chromecast
So i'm having a similar problem. For whatever reason Chrome is not recognizing the chromecast on my network. I can ping it, I can cast from my phone with out a problem, but Chrome simply will not pick it up. I'm running a Linksys Wireless-N Home Router (WRT120N) basic setup, nothing crazy, the chromecast works fine on it but for the life of me I cannot get Chrome to pick it up. I'm running Win7, i've disabled Avast, rebooted my pc, chrome, chromecast, and my router. Any ideas?
- 12-29-2013, 12:15 PM #31
- 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM #32
- 01-15-2014, 08:10 PM #33
- 01-27-2014, 03:28 PM #34
- By shopgirltwo in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 5Last Post: 12-21-2013, 06:32 AM
- By PConly11 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 11Last Post: 10-14-2013, 11:00 PM
- By william hutson in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM
- By SuperveS in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 08-06-2013, 09:41 AM
- By lmbarns in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-05-2013, 04:56 PM