Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NFL Deal and Chromecast

Mods: If this link is inappropriate, please delete:

Just saw that Amazon.com and EA Sports are offering a special promo for the Madden NFL 25th Anniversary Edition:

Amazon.com: Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition with NFL Sunday Ticket: Xbox 360: Video Games

The game normally costs $59.99 but Amazon is selling a $99.99 bundle that includes a free claim code to stream Sunday Ticket on any computer or mobile device without the need for a Direct TV subscription.

Question: If I use this to stream to my Android Phone or Tablet, should the Chromecast be able to stream the game to my TV?
    I'm thinking there wouldn't be a problem, but just wanted opinions.

Default Re: NFL Deal and Chromecast

In theory it is possible but there are currently only certain apps that can cast FROM a tablet. So it would be entirely dependent on the app you are using to stream the video incorporating Chromecast. On top of which you would have to wait for Google to move the development kit out of BeTA so that said apps could be released to the general public.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    In theory it is possible but there are currently only certain apps that can cast FROM a tablet. So it would be entirely dependent on the app you are using to stream the video incorporating Chromecast. On top of which you would have to wait for Google to move the development kit out of BeTA so that said apps could be released to the general public.
    Well at the rate koush is going with cm he shouldn't have a problem streaming if he's rooted haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by trunks527 View Post
    Well at the rate koush is going with cm he shouldn't have a problem streaming if he's rooted haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'd be streaming through the Direct TV app and could just as easily stream it through my phone instead of a tablet if that would work better.
    Regardless, thanks for the information.

Chromecast works a lot better with a laptop or computer than the tablet/phone. Basically anything you can get into the Chrome Browser can be chromecast. I'm currently watching NFL Preseason Life on my TV via chromecast from my laptop. Quality isnt fantastic but its not terrible. I actually bought the Madden 25 Anniversary edition on Amazon and I'm really hoping theres a way to chromecast it via laptop. Suppose I could just plug the hdmi in :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Robb View Post
    Chromecast works a lot better with a laptop or computer than the tablet/phone. Basically anything you can get into the Chrome Browser can be chromecast. I'm currently watching NFL Preseason Life on my TV via chromecast from my laptop. Quality isnt fantastic but its not terrible. I actually bought the Madden 25 Anniversary edition on Amazon and I'm really hoping theres a way to chromecast it via laptop. Suppose I could just plug the hdmi in :-)
    So, does this mean, if I'm watching my DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscription on my laptop's Chrome browser, I can use the Chromecast to watch it on my HDTV?
    Because if it does work, it makes better sense to do this then buy a Slimport adapter for my Nexus 7 tablet, using the NFLST app.
    Does anyone else plan on doing this?

My question is:

"Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices."

What do they mean by eligible gamers? Could I, in theory, purchase game and watch football and not even play the game once? Maybe even sell game to someone else?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    997 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kurioskurion View Post
    My question is:

"Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices."

What do they mean by eligible gamers? Could I, in theory, purchase game and watch football and not even play the game once? Maybe even sell game to someone else?

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes. From what I've been told the game case contains a piece of paper with the DirecTV/NFL Sunday Ticket password information; it isn't contained within the game itself. I just purchased the game today on Amazon and don't intend to play the game. (Actually, I don't even own an XBox 360 or Playstation 3, and I'm unsure if I'll buy either one because I don't play video games much anymore.)

My question for everyone is "can you use Chromecast to broadcast to a second computer rather than your TV?". According to what I've read, the NFL Sunday Ticket streaming package restricts you to one log-in at a time per account (which from DirecTV's point of view makes sense). However, if you have multiple Chromecasts and you can broadcast to other, Chromecast-hooked computers, theoretically you watch multiple NFL Sunday Ticket games on multiple screens (televisions and computers); the only limitations would be the number of Chromecasts and the number of screens one has. I have 5 screens (and in the near future, possibly 6 screens) I could use - HD TV, Win7 desktop, Win7 laptop, Win8 laptop, Android tablet, and non-Pixel chromebook - and if I had multiple Chromecasts it would be cool to be able to watch multiple games at the same time, like at a sports bar. (Having said that, I do love the NFL RedZone channel and in some ways prefer that over dedicated screens for games not involving my team.)

Can anyone provide feedback on the viability of using a Chromecast device to broadcast from one computer to another rather than from a computer to a TV?
    Android smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid 2
    Android tablets: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T 16GB with keyboard dock

waiting on my sunday ticket. I have my chromecast unopened waiting to see what i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    So, does this mean, if I'm watching my DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscription on my laptop's Chrome browser, I can use the Chromecast to watch it on my HDTV?
    Because if it does work, it makes better sense to do this then buy a Slimport adapter for my Nexus 7 tablet, using the NFLST app.
    Does anyone else plan on doing this?
    Pretty much. I was really hoping to be able to chromecast Sunday Ticket (which I also got through the EA Madden deal) through my Nexus 10. But so far, there doesn't seem to be support for it. But if Sunday Ticket plays through your browser, pretty much anything that can play through your browser, can be chromecast, but just not usually in the best of quality. Hulu and local mp4s and be watched in this manner. I just hope they'll get support to these other mobile apps soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Childs View Post
    Pretty much. I was really hoping to be able to chromecast Sunday Ticket (which I also got through the EA Madden deal) through my Nexus 10. But so far, there doesn't seem to be support for it. But if Sunday Ticket plays through your browser, pretty much anything that can play through your browser, can be chromecast, but just not usually in the best of quality. Hulu and local mp4s and be watched in this manner. I just hope they'll get support to these other mobile apps soon.
    Sadly, streaming from a tab in Chrome doesn't work worth anything. So I'll use a HDMI cable. Google needs to improve on this if it ever brings it out of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Sadly, streaming from a tab in Chrome doesn't work worth anything. So I'll use a HDMI cable. Google needs to improve on this if it ever brings it out of beta.
    I was wrong. It did work, much better than I thought.
    NFL Deal and Chromecast-imag0081.jpg

it says invalid attachmnet

Quote Originally Posted by wickedcontra View Post
    it says invalid attachmnet
    Got it now