Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Chromecast at best buy

Quote Originally Posted by hackbart View Post
    I got one yesterday at a Best Buy in Tulsa. It had the code on the receipt and they sent it to me in email too. It worked. I'm watching Netflix now.

I was lucky they had just got a shipment in. Wasn't even put out on the shelf yet.
    After reading up on bestbuy unboxed, it looks like a lot of people have mistakenly not been given the netflix code. I put a email in, so hopefully tomorrow I'll get my code. Wife already has a netflix account, it'd be nice to save her three months worth

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt503 View Post
    I have a gift card to for best buy and and I check the Web site daily and it says sold out... Any ideas when google will be able meet demand?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    You should look to see if the stores in your area have any. I live in a major metropolitan area, and there are several best buys near that have chromecast in stock. You cannot buy the chromecast online for in store pickup, but you can search the store inventory in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    As of 11:15 this morning the store in Emeryville, Ca had 5.
    Dude there told me they stock the display with around 10 or 12 before opening if a shipment comes in that morning, and they're gone by noon or 1:00 pm. They've been OOS the last couple days but said a shipment is "in transit".

Called a few other Bay Areas BBs, same story - OOS.

They had 4-5 at Best Buy here tonight. Im not sure what they even do. What does a Chrome Cast do?

I got that same line @ the concord and WC stores. I got lucky.

I was just at the Best Buy here in Tampa, about a mile from my house, and while they had them in stock they did not include the Netflix promotion. I specifically asked them to check on that and they said it wasn't included. I was going to buy a second one if I could have gotten that promotion but didn't want the second one bad enough to pay full price so I passed.

-PN

I lucked out big time.
    Originally, I wasn't going to get a CC since I have 2 Rokus but I thought it would be a cool idea to cast (using the Chrome browser) my NFL Sunday Ticket sub on our non-DirecTV hooked up TV where my wife can watch TV on our big TV.
    So I checked BestBuy.com for instore availability, none in my area had them, so I ordered from Google.
    Later that day, I again checked BB, and the store I had driven by earlier in the day, had it. Crap, figured I missed my chance.
    Then 2 days later, I checked again, and another BB in another area had them. I had to work and didn't have time to go (45 minute drive) but I knew my father-in-law had to take my daughter to a doctor's appt.
    I printed out the page from BB.com and gave him that and the money. I was hoping they weren't going to sell out again.
    Nope, he got it, and the 3 free months of Netflix, (Thanks BB), and I canceled my Google order.
    It is a cool device, love casting YouTube, which the Roku can't do out of the box and using Chrome for web video.

I visit Best Buy atleast twice a week hoping to arrive when they get a fresh new shipment in!

BB Union City has about a dozen, minus one :-) Chromecast at best buy-uploadfromtaptalk1377973314372.jpg

They would only sell me one

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    itic likes this.

My Chromecast from Best Buy is sitting at the house. I finally just cancelled my Amazon order after a month of waiting.

Just bought my chromecast yesterday from my local best buy. Now just waiting for more apps or allcast to come back.... already have YouTube and Netflix on my ps3.

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock AT&T

Picked one up from my local BB about an hour ago. They had 6 on the shelf.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Probably for a short period of time, BestBuy.com has it in stock right now:

Quote Originally Posted by mlett View Post
    Probably for a short period of time, BestBuy.com has it in stock right now:
    Sold out online now. I managed to get one before they closed online sales
    guy

Quote Originally Posted by gdwooden View Post
    Sold out online now. I managed to get one before they closed online sales
    guy
    noticed that BestBuy site is open again for adding to cart and shipping
    guy

I guess i don't get the Chromecast thing. I see it would be useful if you don't have a Roku, AppleTV or smart TV -- which I am sure is still a large chunk of the population -- but I bet most of you guys on here already have at least one of those. The only exception being Roku, which doesn't have YouTube.

It doesn't appear that the CC can mirror or extend your desktop or tablet screen, only Netflix, Youtube or Google Play movies. Is that right? What else is it capable of casting?

With AppleTV, it will mirror your screen or connect to your iOS devices to show pictures or movies taken on your phone. Can CC do that, but natively for Android devices? That would be worthwhile for my wife's Note 2.

With Roku, you can access many more channels, like Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and many others. Can CC do it, or is it planned for the future?

I am not trying to threadcrap at all, I'm just curious how you guys are using these. If I already have AppleTV and Roku, would there be any additional functionality to buying a CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Therk View Post
    I guess i don't get the Chromecast thing. I see it would be useful if you don't have a Roku, AppleTV or smart TV -- which I am sure is still a large chunk of the population -- but I bet most of you guys on here already have at least one of those. The only exception being Roku, which doesn't have YouTube.

It doesn't appear that the CC can mirror or extend your desktop or tablet screen, only Netflix, Youtube or Google Play movies. Is that right? What else is it capable of casting?

With AppleTV, it will mirror your screen or connect to your iOS devices to show pictures or movies taken on your phone. Can CC do that, but natively for Android devices? That would be worthwhile for my wife's Note 2.

With Roku, you can access many more channels, like Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and many others. Can CC do it, or is it planned for the future?

I am not trying to threadcrap at all, I'm just curious how you guys are using these. If I already have AppleTV and Roku, would there be any additional functionality to buying a CC?
    You're correct....you're not miss much here with CC if you already have AppleTV and Roku.

However, it's cheaper then any of those you already have so why not get it and wait for the future for this device.

Quote Originally Posted by UsedName View Post
    You're correct....you're not miss much here with CC if you already have AppleTV and Roku.

However, it's cheaper then any of those you already have so why not get it and wait for the future for this device.
    I get Pandora and my free Hulu account on mine plus the Netflic and YouTube.
    All this for only $35.
    Guy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123