help casting from pc versus phone problem!!!!! mind boggling

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
ok so ive had nothing but problems with my chromcast since ive bought it..it doesnt show up as connected chromecasts in the chromecast google play app and videos through netflix and google play constantly stop to load play in low quality or stop playing all together..but what im wondering is that when i casted netflix to my chromeccast through my computer today for the first time it played basically perfectly in hd the whole time but when i cast from my netlfix on my phone its low quality and constanlty buffers..i have a gs4....any suggestions this is driving me crazy!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
ok so ive had nothing but problems with my chromcast since ive bought it..it doesnt show up as connected chromecasts in the chromecast google play app and videos through netflix and google play constantly stop to load play in low quality or stop playing all together..but what im wondering is that when i casted netflix to my chromeccast through my computer today for the first time it played basically perfectly in hd the whole time but when i cast from my netlfix on my phone its low quality and constanlty buffers..i have a gs4....any suggestions this is driving me crazy!

OK on the surface this looks like it is a wi-fi/router issue. But to clairify you wil need to check a few things. IS the PC casting conected tot eh riouter by Wi-Fi or a wired [Cat5] connection?

what type of router do you have. Is UnPnP enabled? Do you have any sort of isolation enabled on the router?

Netflix usually adjusts the quality of the video based on connection signal strength.