Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will setup installation automatically be on all wi-fi network devices?

If I set up Chromecast using Windows 7 on a desktop PC, will the app appear on my Vista PC and my Nexus 7 tablet automatically, since they are all on the same wi-fi network? Must the Nexus 7 tablet be on and in wi-fi mode when I set up the Chromecast app on the Windows 7 PC? In other words, will I be able to cast from other devices on the same network if I only installed the Chromecast app on only one of them?

Default Re: Will setup installation automatically be on all wi-fi network devices?

You need to use the Chromecast app on Android devices to pair the device the first time. Then after that if connected to that wifi network the cast icon will appear.

Default Re: Will setup installation automatically be on all wi-fi network devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Hunt View Post
    In other words, will I be able to cast from other devices on the same network if I only installed the Chromecast app on only one of them?
    Yes, despite what was said above. I installed the Chromecast app on my phone, and once set up the cast icon showed up on my wife's phone and Transformer Prime without installing anything on them. I believe you will have to install the Chromecast app on your PC, however.