Chrome won't read Chromecast

rbodden89

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've already established a connection with Chromcast on my Macbook Pro, configuring the network and other settings but can't seem to get the Chrome browser to pick up the device. After troubleshooting for hours, the browser did read the device but only for a few hour before mysteriously stopping; so I know there is some hope. Also my phone as well as other guest laptops haven't had a problem picking up the Chromecast with their Chrome browsers. I've tried all kinds of firewall settings but all to no avail; so I turn to you all for help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Similar. Chrome browser on N7HD has no indication of how to cast screen to TV.

Posted via Android Central App

TonyGd

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I cannot do the same from my iPad 1; the Chromecast setup was done from a Windows laptop... No Chromecast wi-fi network or setup option is visible in Chrome on iPad.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Deep down in the help I found that you can't cast from Chrome browser on Android.

Posted via Android Central App

rbodden89

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I think I must have some VPN that I'm unaware of that is preventing the ChromeCast from working. I'm completely lost on how to go about fixing the problem though. Like I mentioned earlier I've gotten the Chrome to cast to the Chromecast a few times after turning a billion things off but then it just stops working mysteriously. As of late I've yet to get chrome to find the Chromecast and am again searching for help

rbodden89

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
still looking for help or advice. other computers on the network don't have a problem casting to the TV just my macbook. Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith