Google Chromecast for Projector

Francisco Mello

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Acer projector and I would like to put the google chromecast in, but I would to connect the sound with bluetooth.
So, video from HDMI and sound from Bluetooth - It's possible??

Many thanks,
Francisco Mello

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think so. Chromecast works by redirecting the stream to the ChromeCast dongle. So unless your projector can connect to Bluetooth speakers, it's probably not possible.

One option would be a Bluetooth transmitter, like this Sony unit HWS-BTA2W that connects to the audio out.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I helped someone else with a similar request. They were able to get the video stream fine but wanted to do the audio with bluetooth. It really depends on the audio out options your projector has and then if you are willing to do some experimenting and buy extra hardware to do the audio.

The person I helped resorted to just using a analog aux in on his bluetooth speakers.

The key here is that the CC as the previous person posted is really a HDMI out only device. Once the audio leaves the CC through the HDMI port it is up to you to get it to whatever devices you want. I wouldn't say bluetooth isn't an option but it could very easily be another expense and additional hardware. Look at what audio out ports your projector supports.

asolinsky6

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
It is possible. The bluetooth speaker can be plugged into your projector by purchasing an extended AUX audio cord similiar to your headphone jack if that is what the output is. I spliced two 10 foot AUX cords into a 20 footer that I can transition between my cable box output and bluetooth speaker. The projector needs the L\R red and white audio input cords most likely though so you need the AUX to audio converter. it has a female AUX on one end and red/ white audio males on the other. The male to male 20 foot AUX cord can then be plugged into the female. I play sound from my computer on the bluetooth speaker thats combined with my 120" projector, 25-30 feet away.{soldering is not completely necessary but better connections will enhance the system} Cost me maybe 20.00 USD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL