- 75 Posts
Anyone side-load Adobe Flash yet?
Was thinking about getting a smarTV until I found out that samsung drops flash support (updates) as soon as new models come out. Now I plan on getting a chromecast to cast my chrome browser from my nexus 7 but was wondering if you guys are having any issues with side loading flash and having those videos casted? Are the frame rates bad, any lag, etc?
- 08-19-2013, 08:59 PM #2
- 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM #4
Re: Anyone side-load Adobe Flash yet?
Samsung didn't drop Flash. Adobe that owns Flash dropped all support for Android OS. Also, at this point you can't cast directly from any Android OS device via Chrome Browser to a Chromecast until the plugin is released from Google.
The Photon Flash Player & Browser App from Google Play gives your Android devices the ability to run video with Flash. Just hit the lighting bolt in Photon and if throws in Flash.
Also, here is the Adobe site that says "Please note: Flash Player will not be certified for any device OS beyond Android 4.0.x."
Adobe Developer Connection - Flash Player Certified Devices
Last edited by Shilohcane; 08-20-2013 at 10:16 AM.
- By bernilarue in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 5Last Post: 09-01-2013, 10:43 PM
- By Kiran Chandra in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2013, 11:22 AM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2013, 07:53 PM
- By icauser44 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2013, 07:45 PM
- By cvgjava in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM