Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Brandorak
  • 3 Post By Devlyn16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unexpected Chromecast Party

I had some friends over and we wanted to watch a YouTube video, so I showed them my new Chromecast. Soon enough we had 5 people sending different videos to the Chromecast from 5 different phones, and they didn't even have to sign into my network. We had a lot of fun, even if it was a bit hectic when everyone had the same controls and was pausing or changing videos. Once we figured out how to use the queue it was better.

This is how technology should work, it just does. We all had different models and ages of android phones, but everyone's worked (I assume they all had the updated YouTube app already). Nobody had an iPhone. But I'm really glad Google wants to allow any device with any OS to work with Chromecast. Now we just need the SDK and more apps. It would be awesome to someday be able to queue up content from multiple apps from multiple devices. Like queue up videos from YouTube, Vimeo or even an excerpt from Netflix. Multiplayer games would be really fun, maybe on Chromecast 2.

TL;DR: Chromecast is a blast with a bunch of friends queuing up content, excited for the future!
    Thanked by:
    goelz83 and msndrstood like this.

Default Re: Unexpected Chromecast Party

Quote Originally Posted by Brandorak View Post
    Nobody had an iPhone
    Clearly, you sir, have intelligent friends!
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
    Mikey47, prissysox and goelz83 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandorak View Post
    I had some friends over and we wanted to watch a YouTube video, so I showed them my new Chromecast. Soon enough we had 5 people sending different videos to the Chromecast from 5 different phones, and they didn't even have to sign into my network. We had a lot of fun, even if it was a bit hectic when everyone had the same controls and was pausing or changing videos. Once we figured out how to use the queue it was better.

This is how technology should work, it just does. We all had different models and ages of android phones, but everyone's worked (I assume they all had the updated YouTube app already). Nobody had an iPhone. But I'm really glad Google wants to allow any device with any OS to work with Chromecast. Now we just need the SDK and more apps. It would be awesome to someday be able to queue up content from multiple apps from multiple devices. Like queue up videos from YouTube, Vimeo or even an excerpt from Netflix. Multiplayer games would be really fun, maybe on Chromecast 2.

TL;DR: Chromecast is a blast with a bunch of friends queuing up content, excited for the future!
    Are you sure your friends weren't signed on to your network?

For me, I wish there were a way to share the browsing as well as the viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhound View Post
    They have to be on his wifi network.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    They have to be on his wifi network.
    I know - not sure the OP knows that though, hence my question to the OP.