Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Anyone with two or more Chromecasts know if you can cast multiple Chrome browser tabs to different Chromecasts on the same wireless network?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    I have not tried it but looking at how chromecast browser casting work it should be possible.
    I will let others chip in
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    As still1 said, looking at how it works it should be possible. It's going to come down to whether or not the Cast extension actually lets you do it. I'll be getting one of my Chromecasts back in the next day or two and this is definitely something I'll try out.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    That'd be great if you could give it a try. I'm sure casting two or more tabs from one computer would be resource and bandwidth intensive for video, but for static or slowly changing displays of different content to multiple screens it could be useful.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    I just tried it and if there's a way to do it, I haven't found it. When I open a 2nd tab and click on the cast icon and attempt to cast that tab to the 2nd Chromecast, the 1st tab stops casting to the first unit and switches back to the Chromecast homescreen. I could only get one Chromecast to cast at a time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Thanks for trying, too bad it didn't work. Hopefully Google will make this possible in an update. If tabs within the same window can't cast independently of each other, perhaps Google can make it possible to cast separate windows if that can't be done now.

    I wonder if the single cast by machine restriction (assuming there is one) extends to more than just Chrome tabs? That is, will it block casting a single tab to one CC while casting a YouTube video to another?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Same issue here. 6 chromecasts connected to 6 monitors, if I have a tab broadcasting to one, then open a new tab and tell the new tab to go to another one, the first tab stops broadcasting
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groundhound View Post
    I wonder if the single cast by machine restriction (assuming there is one) extends to more than just Chrome tabs? That is, will it block casting a single tab to one CC while casting a YouTube video to another?
    Tested out this morning and this does work. I started my bedroom TV and cast a YouTube video to it from my phone, then went to my living room TV and was able to cast tab from Chrome browser on my desktop PC to it and both casts worked simultaneously. Also while leaving YouTube video running on my bedroom TV, I switched my living room TV to Netflix via my phone and that worked as well with the bedroom TV continuing to cast the YouTube video.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    I just tried it and if there's a way to do it, I haven't found it. When I open a 2nd tab and click on the cast icon and attempt to cast that tab to the 2nd Chromecast, the 1st tab stops casting to the first unit and switches back to the Chromecast homescreen. I could only get one Chromecast to cast at a time.
    looks like i was wrong. wonder if it works when you open two separate window but one on incognito
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    looks like i was wrong. wonder if it works when you open two separate window but one on incognito
    Nope. When you open a new incognito window, the cast icon doesn't appear on the tab.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    Nope. When you open a new incognito window, the cast icon doesn't appear on the tab.
    in incognito mode extensions are disabled by default. you have to enable it before you try it.
    here is the post about how to use it How to use Chromecast on incognito tabs | Android Central
    amrith777 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    in incognito mode extensions are disabled by default. you have to enable it before you try it.
    here is the post about how to use it How to use Chromecast on incognito tabs | Android Central
    Added cast extension to incognito tab...still no. Same behavior as when you try to cast to 2 separate tabs.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    Added cast extension to incognito tab...still no. Same behavior as when you try to cast to 2 separate tabs.
    That's too bad. The extension is in beta, after all. Hopefully as the Cast API matures, we'll see functionality like this. Or maybe Koush will make it happen. Either way.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    If you really desperate to get this to work could try something like running multiple VM's on one box and see if that would do it. Not sure what that would do to the CPU but shouldn't be much worse then running it without them.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    Added cast extension to incognito tab...still no. Same behavior as when you try to cast to 2 separate tabs.
    thats too bad. maybe google will fix the issue soon.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    vms would work but it would be a major pain in the **** having to manage each desktop to change content across multiple monitors (or rdp into multiple desktops). sure it would work, but sort of defeats the ease of which these things should work.

    i will be using an ATI card with 6 video outs instead. oh well.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Here is a working method, not to difficult to implement.

    1) Create a chrome shortcut (other then your current).
    2) Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
    3) On the Shortcut tab, edit the target to look as follows:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=D:\Chrome\ProfileName

    The bold is what you will need to add, the path will be wherever your Chrome is installed. With this, the chrome shortcut will use a new profile, so it will allow you to stream to a different chromecast.

    My goal was to do this with NFL Sunday Ticket HOWEVER, you cannot log into the NFL Sunday Ticket from a different browser (it limits you to one login at a time...) so if you happen to be trying the same thing and find a workaround for that, I'd love to know.
    Thanked by 2:
    amrith777 likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Can you be a little more detailed with what you should change the target to? I got confused. Trying to cast a gdocs presentation to more than 1 screen.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Not a solution for everyone, but if you have an android tablet that supports multiple users (I have the Nexus 10), you can cast to a different cc from each profile at the same time.
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg098 View Post
    Not a solution for everyone, but if you have an android tablet that supports multiple users (I have the Nexus 10), you can cast to a different cc from each profile at the same time.
    Cool! thanks for sharing this tidbit.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg098 View Post
    Not a solution for everyone, but if you have an android tablet that supports multiple users (I have the Nexus 10), you can cast to a different cc from each profile at the same time.
    Chrome for Android does not support casting yet so this is not a solution for anyone. The question was how to cast from Chrome using multiple tabs. We are talking about Chrome for either Windows or Mac at the moment.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Its coming eventually to android chrome. Good to know there are ways at least.
  23. #23  
    nguyen2011's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    I have tried and it works perfectly on 2 chromecast TV at our sunday school.
    Simply create 2 Google chrome profile / user in settings, open the other user easily by clicking on top left icon of browser. Each user can chromecast separately, works best on YouTube though.
    Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?-xfgf93o.png
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    This worked perfectly for me - on a Mac even. Much easier and stabler than running multiple VM instances.
    Thanks for the tip!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchy187 View Post
    Here is a working method, not to difficult to implement.

    1) Create a chrome shortcut (other then your current).
    2) Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
    3) On the Shortcut tab, edit the target to look as follows:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-data-dir=D:\Chrome\ProfileName

    The bold is what you will need to add, the path will be wherever your Chrome is installed. With this, the chrome shortcut will use a new profile, so it will allow you to stream to a different chromecast.

    My goal was to do this with NFL Sunday Ticket HOWEVER, you cannot log into the NFL Sunday Ticket from a different browser (it limits you to one login at a time...) so if you happen to be trying the same thing and find a workaround for that, I'd love to know.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Simultaneously cast multiple Chrome tabs to different Chromecasts?

    Nguyen2011, you are amazing

    OK,

    I rarely if ever respond to forum posts. But, THANK YOU so much! your method worked perfectly, now my company can have one computer open with multiple chrome users running multiple tabs to multiple chromcast devices. You sir/madam, have made my day. Keep being awesome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Connect Chrome Extension, Battery life?
    By DoyouFanBoyBro in forum Moto X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 11:33 PM
  2. File transfer to PC?
    By ied0135 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 11:13 PM
  3. Any way to fix a Bricked Motorola Xoom tablet?
    By texn884 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 05:00 PM
  4. Moving from IOS World, New To Android, Voice to Text Question
    By Leon Stevens in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 11:11 AM
  5. Chrome desktop home screen on my tablet
    By ChadMist in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

B