- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
Chromecast Sound Issues
First, please be patient with me. I am a retired network admin. and computer specialist BUT am not "technical lingo approved."
CC is plugged into tv. WiFi works fine. Ran a movie. Only sound I had was from our stereo/blu-ray box as it was outputting sound from our cable box. We have the tv sound turned off ... and use only the sound from the stereo/blu-ray surround sound system.
I was able to hear BOTH the tv station sound AND the CC Netflix movie.
So I turned off the stereo/blu-ray device. Now I could just hear the CC Netflix movie. However, I had NO control on the volume. Remember, we always control the sound of what we are watching on the screen (tv station or blu-ray disc) via the stereo/blu-ray device.
I pulled out the tv remote (we never use it) and turned it on to see if I could control the volume of the CC Netflix movie. I could not.
How do I fix this problem? Ask any question you'd like ... I'll try to answer them. But remember it's been a while since I've been in the technology game so be nice.
- 09-07-2013, 09:17 AM #2
- 850 Posts
Re: Chromecast Sound Issues
You should also be able to control the volume from the casting device and/or the app you are casting from. For example when I adjust the volume on my nexus 10 while casting Netflix it adjusts the volume of what is streaming to the TV.I think your skills are improving.
Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
- By kyk1835 in forum HTC OneReplies: 7Last Post: 09-07-2013, 01:47 AM
- By gonzo0203 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-07-2013, 12:18 AM
- By kcalmol in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 09-06-2013, 01:26 PM
- By lessthannick11 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2013, 12:14 PM
- By thafngame in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2013, 08:55 AM