Chromecast + Madden 25th Anniversary NFL Sunday Ticket = :)

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
$99 dollars for the game. I did not have to subscribe to Directv.

IMG_20130908_135248304.jpg

IMG_20130908_135134848.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130908_135248304.jpg
    IMG_20130908_135248304.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20130908_135134848.jpg
    IMG_20130908_135134848.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 94

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Full screen playback (my 2nd picture) was a little jerky and pq was not good on my Sammy 1080p LCD (55in). PQ was better and smoother in the first photo.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried this out on Sunday, too. Worked really well. Picture quality wasn't perfect, but it was definitely clear and smooth - not jumpy at all. It was fuzzy when I first loaded it up, but after a few seconds, the quality improved dramatically and held steady for the second half of the 1:00 games, and about the 1st quarter of the 4:30 games (I had to leave at that point).

There was a slight delay between the feed on the laptop screen and the TV, but I found I could put it on fullscreen and Alt + Tab to a different window, so all I saw was the feed on the TV. This was awesome, as I was able to check stats and other things while the game was playing on the TV! I was pretty excited :)

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Did anybody try Thursday Night Football last week? I guess it would have to be through browser streaming (they play it on nfl.com, right?), but I'm curious to know how that went...

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using this exact solution (thank you Amazon/Madden!). I've noticed that my playback quality varries greatly depending on what computer I am casting from. When I'm casting Sunday Ticket from my Samsung Chromebook (Exynos version), the quality is terrible and jerky. However when I use my beastly Asus G75VX, playback is much better quality and more smooth.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This thread is EXACTLY what I was looking for today, so thank you for having it in here.

I am considering doing the Chromecast thing here in the near future. As a big 49ers fan, I am going to be OK for the first few weeks as far as seeing them on cable TV/local TV here in Tampa, but I know I'll eventually have to watch them via NFLST Max (from my Madden 25 anny edition) due to them not being on, so I need to eventually prepare for that.

The good thing is once you log into NFLST Max, you get that looping video commercial playing so I can definitely test it out and tweak it all up for how I want it, then let it go. Provided it is between Sunday and Thursday (or whatever the cutoff is before ThNF), I can watch those 30-minute game replays and really take it for a whirl.

hahn74

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Huh I must be doing something wrong. Trying the exact same set up but am only getting the top frame of the Chrome tab displaying on the tv. Nothing below the top menu bar is displaying for me. Did you do anything special? You're broadcasting the tab on Chrome, correct?

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Chromecast today. Did a test run with the NFL Sunday Ticket commercial loop. Works pretty well, and the delay between laptop and TV is only one second, which is much better than I anticipated. I'll see how it runs for a real day of NFLST use, but this thing may be the best $35 I ever spent. I see much potential for it for other things I watch online, and my wife may enjoy it for Hulu, once I show her how easy this is to use.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Chromecast today. Did a test run with the NFL Sunday Ticket commercial loop. Works pretty well, and the delay between laptop and TV is only one second, which is much better than I anticipated. I'll see how it runs for a real day of NFLST use, but this thing may be the best $35 I ever spent. I see much potential for it for other things I watch online, and my wife may enjoy it for Hulu, once I show her how easy this is to use.
Has nobody yet tried it for streaming the Thursday Night Football game via a browser window? You just go to NFL.com while the game is playing and you can watch the game...

I know it's only $35, but I'm trying to decide between the ChromeCast and getting a Miracast thing to work. That, and I expect that I can get Miracast to play from my Nexus7 through my HTPC because I don't have HDMI on my receiver, so my audio on streaming through the Chromecast plugged directly into the TV is going to be sub-par to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae