Does Google Chromecast work as a source for HDMI splitter?

2thdoc2

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Chromecast device as the source that's plugged into a J-Tech Digital TM 4 Ports HDMI 1x4 Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P with Deep Color & HD Audio and Max Bandwidth of 10.2Gbps Amazon.com: J-Tech Digital TM 4 Ports HDMI 1x4 Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P with Deep Color & HD Audio and Max Bandwidth of 10.2Gbps: Electronics. I have four TVs plugged in, but only one of them is casting. The interesting thing is that when I plug in my AT&T Uverse as the signal source, all TVs work fine. Any ideas on why the chromecast signal doesn't cast on all four TVs, but only goes to one? Thanks for the help!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Chromecast device as the source that's plugged into a J-Tech Digital TM 4 Ports HDMI 1x4 Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P with Deep Color & HD Audio and Max Bandwidth of 10.2Gbps Amazon.com: J-Tech Digital TM 4 Ports HDMI 1x4 Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P with Deep Color & HD Audio and Max Bandwidth of 10.2Gbps: Electronics. I have four TVs plugged in, but only one of them is casting. The interesting thing is that when I plug in my AT&T Uverse as the signal source, all TVs work fine. Any ideas on why the chromecast signal doesn't cast on all four TVs, but only goes to one? Thanks for the help!

Possible guess: Perhaps the Chromecast and the newer TV have a more recent HDMI version 1.4 as your splitter is Version 1.3 and I suspect the Uverse is 1.3 and older as well.

Try disconnectingthe HDMI to theTV that works, Power cycle the chromecast and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech