You Tube Issue

JIMV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I need some help...I am using this device to stream a couple of hours of video an evening from You Tube (mostly old BBC Television like I Claudius). The device works fine for maybe half an hour to an hour and then I get the screen freeze/buffering stoppage. This might happen 2 or three times and then the video continues. My problem is, the frequency of the 'buffering' stoppage grows and grows until, after 90 minutes or so, the thing is buffering every minute of so. I do not get this problem with Netflix as quickly. This makes You Tube worthless after an hour....

I have a solid signal strength.

Let me ask a few questions...
1. Is the You Tube video streaming to the memory on the PC and then streamed to the Chromecast device?
2. Is the Chromecast device storing the signal in its memory?
3. How does one flush that memory and clear the cache on the Chromecast as needed?
4. Are there any controls in the program that lets me flush the Chromecast cache from my PC...If so where and how??

I am not sure I understand what is going on but it appears the cache fills and cannot be cleared???

I keep the chromecast device on 24/7....

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that the file you are viewing is on YouTube. Once you start streaming none of the content goes to the casting device [ phone/ tablet/PC].

Think of it like this: your phone/tablet/PC is a remote control that sends a signal to YouTube that tells YouTube ?play this video on my Chromecast. Then YouTube sends the streaming video to the Chromecast, only awaiting signals from your phone/tablet/PC to pause, fast forward, rewind, advance to next item in que etc.

The buffering problem you are describing sounds to me to be more like an internet or wi-fi issue.

JIMV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info...Last night I rebooted the Chromecast and the issue went away for the remainder of the evening. I am not sure it will remain 'fixed' though.

JIMV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My You Tube grows worse...Say one chooses to watch an hours TV program divided into 4 chunks on You Tube...The first plays fine, the second it interrupted by the dreaded 'buffering' 2 or 3 times. By the final segment the buffering is every minute....

I do not have this issue with Netflix....How can I stop this You Tube madness? I am getting a great WiFi signal at the Chromecaster device, at least 15mpbs. If I reset the Chromecaster, all will be fine for an hour or so and then the issue returns. If I unplug the Chromecaster, I get maybe an hours proper performance and then it returns to unsat.

Is anyone else having this problem? Would a better router help? If so, which???

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have never had this issue. Best guess would be something choking your network somehow. Is anyone else streaming anything? Video games?

Do you leave you cast plugged into the wall or does it come off and on with the TV. I don't know why this would effect it, but anything might be helpful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith