| || |
New Issue and Possible fix...You Tube and Passwords...
I have written about a problem I have had with the Chromecast and You Tube in another thread. I have found what appears to be a solution that might apply to other issues as well...
Here is my setup....I tried a windows 7 PC and Chromecast and it mostly works but with a lot of 'buffering' issues. Due to the location of the PC, I decided to use my Verizon phone, a Motorola Droid Razor HD. It worked at least as well as the PC. It did, however, time the screen out and bring up my screen lock password screen. This is the standard screen lock password found in the Android settings. I got tired of having to re-enter the password every time I wanted to do anything while using it so I turned off the password in the settings.
For the last two days the Chromecast has worked without a single 'buffering' issue.
So, anyone having an issue with the Chromecast going into the dreaded buffering mode, try playing with the privacy options on the device controlling the caster and see what happens.