Chromecast set up, but...

Whereupon

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Successfully set up the Chromecase using my iPad, but at the very end, it said it couldn't connect to it. The only suggestion provided was that I didn't have UPnP enabled.

I checked my setup,, enabled UPnP on my router, reset the Chromecast, then started over. Same result.

I'm on Verizon FIOS with an Amped Wireless AP300 Access Point (the FIOS router has its wi-fi radio turned off). The AP300 doesn't have a setting for UPnP, since it is just a WAP. I can't see the Chromecast on any device...iOS, Android, or PC.

Any suggestions?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just to clairify. Is the chormecast complaining about not connecting to the network, or is the ipad complaining about not connecting to the chromecast.

I most cases this is centered around UPNP, Wireless isolation, or a old firmware.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well trying to go through the router setup and it looks a bit strange to me. Really isn't much to it.

1. can you provide a bit more detail as to how everything is connected. I would expect it all goes to the Ap300 for wifi and then if you have anything wired it probably goes through the fios router

2. can you connect a computer to both the ap300 and the router and see if the ip's are in the same range or different ones.

3. Please check and make sure there isn't a more updated firmware for the AP300

Last edited:

Whereupon

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
the iPad is complaining that it can't see the Chromecast...after the setup is complete.
Yes - all wifi goes through the AP300, which is connected by ethernet cable to the FIOS router.
The router is at 192.168.1.1. The AP300 is at 192.168.1.21, and its DHCP is set to serve addresses from 192.168.100-200
I've confirmed that the AP300 has the latest firmware. In the AP300 manual, when you look for UPnP, it says that it is a router setting. I've confirmed that the router has UPnP turned on. What I have't confirmed is that the FIOS router (by Actiontec) has the most recent firmware...Verizon doesn't like us messing with that, lol.

Thanks for any help you can think of...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781