does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

HybridCat

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

No news apps has been released since day one. (which is the date I bought mine)

Outside of Android/Google/Chrome forums, I doubt many people even know what a Chromecast is.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. There have already been firmware updates pushed out and it's not really up to Google to create and release apps. They provide the SDK (which as I understand it is still in the developer preview stage) and support on Google Apps, but third party apps will have to implement their own compatibility.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

No news apps has been released since day one. (which is the date I bought mine)

Outside of Android/Google/Chrome forums, I doubt many people even know what a Chromecast is.

There's been a few firmware updates pushed out already. Seems more to me that Google wants this to be solid before they release the SDK and are moving relatively quickly to that end. If speculation is true, hopefully they release the SDK Oct 14th along with the Nexus 5 / KitKat announcement.

Poprocket

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Really? Is that what it is coming to these days? No news for a week or so and panic sets in about supporting a device? Don't worry my friend, Chromecast will continue to mature for a long time. And when Google does give up on it one day (likely due to a successor) the fan community with get their hands on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I can see where the confusion comes from, while I am clued in and know that the SDK is still in BETA preview, many people who do not follow Google/Android that closely do not.

To the average person if an item is for sale, it is ready to go, not in limited capability till the manufacturer opens the floodgates.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1