Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

No news apps has been released since day one. (which is the date I bought mine)

Outside of Android/Google/Chrome forums, I doubt many people even know what a Chromecast is.

Global Posts
    8,599 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

I doubt it. There have already been firmware updates pushed out and it's not really up to Google to create and release apps. They provide the SDK (which as I understand it is still in the developer preview stage) and support on Google Apps, but third party apps will have to implement their own compatibility.

¯\_()_/¯ Community Rules & Guidelines

Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

Life is very short, and there's no time - for fussing and fighting, my friend.
    Zee

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

Default Re: does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

Quote Originally Posted by HybridCat View Post
    does it seem like Google has practically abandoned the Chromecast after only a month?

No news apps has been released since day one. (which is the date I bought mine)

Outside of Android/Google/Chrome forums, I doubt many people even know what a Chromecast is.
    There's been a few firmware updates pushed out already. Seems more to me that Google wants this to be solid before they release the SDK and are moving relatively quickly to that end. If speculation is true, hopefully they release the SDK Oct 14th along with the Nexus 5 / KitKat announcement.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

HULU Plus Android app now supports casting.

Posted via Android Central App

Really? Is that what it is coming to these days? No news for a week or so and panic sets in about supporting a device? Don't worry my friend, Chromecast will continue to mature for a long time. And when Google does give up on it one day (likely due to a successor) the fan community with get their hands on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Honestly, I can see where the confusion comes from, while I am clued in and know that the SDK is still in BETA preview, many people who do not follow Google/Android that closely do not.

To the average person if an item is for sale, it is ready to go, not in limited capability till the manufacturer opens the floodgates.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App