New Youtube ad freezes chromecast

Brian Marcus

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The new Runner Runner ad doesn't tick down below one second and is forever stuck on the :01 second advertisement screen.

This is a new problem, and at least for now seems to be only be related to this specific ad, have had no other problems.

The ONLY ad playing is now the Runner Runner ad. Meaning that every song that has an ad before it I can no longer listen to. This is just unacceptable.

Please advise.

EDIT: I'm playing through my Ipad youtube application iOS 7.0.2

EDIT: This same problems occurs using my Android phone.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is only for this ad, or for all ads. I can't seem to get a different ad to come up, so can't test it.

EDIT: This also occurs casting through www.youtube.com (Google Chrome, Windows 8, Alienware)

Last edited:

ecamacho4

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and it is just with this ad. It's really pissing me off because the ad keeps repeating over and over and getting stuck each time.

otictac1

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and it is just with this ad. It's really pissing me off because the ad keeps repeating over and over and getting stuck each time.

I've also had the same problem. It is awful. My only work around has been to watch the ad on my phone/tablet and when the video actually begins hit the cast button.

George Burnett1

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having this issue with YouTube ads on the Chromecast. I'm using the same workaround of watching the ad on the phone and then switching back into the Chromecast when the video starts.

Surely Google knows and is working on this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

JIMV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I also have problems with You Tube...The fix is letting folk buy a premium product without adds....As You Tube simply does not seem to care, I figure eventually they will go away and be replaced by something more user friendly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown