Chromecast doesn't work at all...

JSC7

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I received my CC, went through the setup and it shows up on my TV as "ready to cast." I also have the app on both my Moto X and my iPad. I go through the app to Hulu Plus, or YouTube and the videos play on my device, but not on the TV - nothing works, so I figure I must be missing something. Assist?

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You did press the little chromecast icon on your YouTube or HuluPlus apps right? If you don't see the icon, you may have to update your apps. Or maybe your devices are not connected to the same WiFi network as your chromecast?

JSC7

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
they are on the same wifi. I really do appreciated the simple answer, as I was trying to go through the CC app and haven't even seen where the little Chromecast icon is in the Hulu app, for instance. Is it under the "share" tab?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure uPNP is enabled on your router. Google has several support pages that help resolve issues and a list of known router incompatibilities with work arounds. I would check out those

Posted via Android Central App

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
In the Hulu app, I have to start a show & then the cast icon appears on the bar (like full screen).

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech