Choppy Youtube Streaming

KOAB_Fan_51

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Chromecasting Youtube from my Note 2 and wife's iphone. The stream is always choppy. Streams are fine on our phones, computers, and Blu Ray player that has a YouTube app.

Tried setting up Chromecast again, restarting, removing Chromecast and putting it back in. No luck.

Anyone help? Anyone else getting this?

Thanks

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC. Choppy as in framerate or in buffering? I honestly haven't noticed it. I assume you've tried multiple videos. Does it do the same if you reduce the quality?

Hi,
Chromecasting Youtube from my Note 2 and wife's iphone.

Keep in mind you're not streaming anything from the phone. You're just telling the Chromecast to stream it from the internet.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the issue happen on different sets? Try moving it to another TV and see if it gets better. Also, consider resetting the router then try again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Paul OB

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issues since yesterday also. Did a Google search and found this thread. Youtube works well on all devices but Chromecast. Was there some update that broke something?

JIMV

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I also have a distinct difference in the quality of signal I get on You Tube compared to either Pandora or Netflix...Netflix, for example, will play for well over an hour before I get the dreaded 'Buffering' abomination. On You Tube, if I am lucky, it might play for 3 or 4 minutes....same gear, same router, same internet provider. As You Tube has no premium service or real customer support, there is nothing I can do but wait for some other service with a quality feed to replace You Tube.

Ganon Dorf

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have 2 chromecasts, it's happening on both, only with YouTube, and only since today. 11/16/13.

Makes me think it's server side.

bcflynn1

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have 2 chromecasts, it's happening on both, only with YouTube, and only since today. 11/16/13.

Makes me think it's server side.

If it is server-side, then they must have fixed it. I just tried it and it was fine. I'm on non-rooted 13300.

nickp321

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday... It definitely had to do with Google... I thought it was my router or ISP... Today its back to normal...