Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Choppy Youtube Streaming

Hi,

Chromecasting Youtube from my Note 2 and wife's iphone. The stream is always choppy. Streams are fine on our phones, computers, and Blu Ray player that has a YouTube app.

Tried setting up Chromecast again, restarting, removing Chromecast and putting it back in. No luck.

Anyone help? Anyone else getting this?

Thanks

Default Re: Choppy Youtube Streaming

Welcome to AC. Choppy as in framerate or in buffering? I honestly haven't noticed it. I assume you've tried multiple videos. Does it do the same if you reduce the quality?

Quote Originally Posted by KOAB_Fan_51 View Post
    Hi,
    Chromecasting Youtube from my Note 2 and wife's iphone.
    Keep in mind you're not streaming anything from the phone. You're just telling the Chromecast to stream it from the internet.

Having the same problem. Only started happening yesterday after months of trouble free use.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Does the issue happen on different sets? Try moving it to another TV and see if it gets better. Also, consider resetting the router then try again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Having the same issues since yesterday also. Did a Google search and found this thread. Youtube works well on all devices but Chromecast. Was there some update that broke something?

I also have a distinct difference in the quality of signal I get on You Tube compared to either Pandora or Netflix...Netflix, for example, will play for well over an hour before I get the dreaded 'Buffering' abomination. On You Tube, if I am lucky, it might play for 3 or 4 minutes....same gear, same router, same internet provider. As You Tube has no premium service or real customer support, there is nothing I can do but wait for some other service with a quality feed to replace You Tube.

I'm having the same problem. I have 2 chromecasts, it's happening on both, only with YouTube, and only since today. 11/16/13.

Makes me think it's server side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganon Dorf View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I have 2 chromecasts, it's happening on both, only with YouTube, and only since today. 11/16/13.

Makes me think it's server side.
    If it is server-side, then they must have fixed it. I just tried it and it was fine. I'm on non-rooted 13300.

I had the same problem yesterday... It definitely had to do with Google... I thought it was my router or ISP... Today its back to normal...