Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Played YouTube, won't play YouTube, etc

I have a unique arrangement. I don't have WiFi in the home but use my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 (rooted) as a hotspot and use my Nexus 7 for casting. I used it for the first time Sunday and it worked ok, though sometimes I would have to disconnect Chromecast and reconnect it to get it to play. It wouldn't just seamlessly play. Now, I can't get it to play at all. It displays the YouTube splash and the information about the video but never plays. Very frustrating.

Any ideas??
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Default Re: Played YouTube, won't play YouTube, etc

Quote Originally Posted by o2bnclemson View Post
    I have a unique arrangement. I don't have WiFi in the home but use my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 (rooted) as a hotspot and use my Nexus 7 for casting. I used it for the first time Sunday and it worked ok, though sometimes I would have to disconnect Chromecast and reconnect it to get it to play. It wouldn't just seamlessly play. Now, I can't get it to play at all. It displays the YouTube splash and the information about the video but never plays. Very frustrating.

Any ideas??
    I know there is another thread in this forum that discusses using a hot spot [might be the one about using a CC in a hotel] IIRC the concensus was that you would need the Hot Spot device to be connected to a separate wi-fi router and connect the casting device and the Chromecast to that wi-fi router.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]