Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ETPhoneHomeT
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HBO GO Picture Quality

    I updated the HBO GO app on my Droid Razr Maxx a couple of days ago and played a movie via Chromecast on my Panasonic 55" HDTV the other day and noticed that the picture quality isn't the best as the picture and motions aren't real fluid. It's not real bad but the picture definitely is not as smooth as one would expect. Anybody else seeing this?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    I wasn't aware that Chromecast enabled HBO GO! I'll have to try this once I get home from work. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you!
    I have noticed however that I've had issues with the app just on my tablet. Was unable to check anything else since I don't believe it's released for PS3 yet (no XBOX).
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,649 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy Ellsworth View Post
    I wasn't aware that Chromecast enabled HBO GO! I'll have to try this once I get home from work. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you!
    I have noticed however that I've had issues with the app just on my tablet. Was unable to check anything else since I don't believe it's released for PS3 yet (no XBOX).
    Welcome to the forums.
    Bringing up the fact that you are having issues with the app on your tablet, I am inclined to think that the same issue is plaguing the Chromecast. To both the you and the OP, have you emailed the developer, explaining the issue?

    To Missy, since you are new, you may consider starting a thread in Introductions, just to say hi to the community.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Bringing up the fact that you are having issues with the app on your tablet, I am inclined to think that the same issue is plaguing the Chromecast. To both the you and the OP, have you emailed the developer, explaining the issue?

    To Missy, since you are new, you may consider starting a thread in Introductions, just to say hi to the community.
    Thank you very much! I'll have to do that since I really don't want to do any work today lol
    I haven't contacted the developer. Since I've only used it on my android tab (Samsung Tab 2 10.1) I thought maybe it was my net, despite the fact that I have great internet (finally!)

    I will have to check when I get home from work. I've been waiting for more apps to be incorporated with Chromecast. I'm yearning to watch some Game of Thrones
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,649 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Quote Originally Posted by Missy Ellsworth View Post
    Thank you very much! I'll have to do that since I really don't want to do any work today lol
    I haven't contacted the developer. Since I've only used it on my android tab (Samsung Tab 2 10.1) I thought maybe it was my net, despite the fact that I have great internet (finally!)

    I will have to check when I get home from work. I've been waiting for more apps to be incorporated with Chromecast. I'm yearning to watch some Game of Thrones
    Since you have a pretty mainstream tablet, I would definitely let the dev know.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Bringing up the fact that you are having issues with the app on your tablet, I am inclined to think that the same issue is plaguing the Chromecast. To both the you and the OP, have you emailed the developer, explaining the issue?

    To Missy, since you are new, you may consider starting a thread in Introductions, just to say hi to the community.
    Just sent an email off to the developer so I'll update this thread if I get a response. I haven't used the HBO GO app all that much but I'm just glad to see another app being added to the Chromecast stable. Assume MAX GO will follow at some point in time. Also, hearing that the SDK may finally be released to developers, so hopefully more good things are to come. I did just check how the movie streamed to my phone and using 3G, it seems to do just fine.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,649 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    Just sent an email off to the developer so I'll update this thread if I get a response. I haven't used the HBO GO app all that much but I'm just glad to see another app being added to the Chromecast stable. Assume MAX GO will follow at some point in time. Also, hearing that the SDK may finally be released to developers, so hopefully more good things are to come. I did just check how the movie streamed to my phone and using 3G, it seems to do just fine.
    Cool. Keep us updated.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Here's the response I got:
    "Thank you for your email. HBO GO requires a very solid internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection. A slow or inconsistent network connection could be the cause. To check your connection speeds download the Speedtest.net application.

    Thank you,
    The HBO GO Team"
  9. #9  
    dan1431's Avatar

    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    I swear I must be imagining it, but it seems that if I cast HBOGO from my CPU to my Chromecast the picture is better than if I cast it from my Nexus 7.

    Dan

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    When you say streaming from the CPU do you mean your desktop computer, and you're tabcasting from the Chrome browser? If anything, that should be worse than casting from the Nexus 7 because once HBO Go tells the Chromecast what to stream, control is handed off and is a direct feed coming from the HBO servers. The tablet has no further involvement other than to pause and stop the feed.

    Tabcasting bandwidth intense items has never produced good results.
  11. #11  
    dan1431's Avatar

    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

    Default Re: HBO GO Picture Quality

    Quote Originally Posted by robertjm View Post
    When you say streaming from the CPU do you mean your desktop computer, and you're tabcasting from the Chrome browser? If anything, that should be worse than casting from the Nexus 7 because once HBO Go tells the Chromecast what to stream, control is handed off and is a direct feed coming from the HBO servers. The tablet has no further involvement other than to pause and stop the feed.

    Tabcasting bandwidth intense items has never produced good results.
    From my CPU after starting a movie or what have you, there is a CC icon on the bottom of the screen and that works like any other device.

    I am not Tab Casting, but have in the past and didn't notice any sort of issues.

    Dan

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Tablet lagging while casting Hbo Go
    By Signewton in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2014, 08:38 AM
  2. Verizon call quality fix!!! Finally
    By Live Rider in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 09:55 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Pictures missing after update
    By william1968 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 12:02 PM
  4. Can't save MMS pictures in google 5 nexus
    By Chloe Foxx in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:10 AM
  5. Workaround for call quality Sprint version
    By darryjr in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 10:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B